“A Buffet Straight From Your Mom's Kitchen”

Donna's Old Town Cafe
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Madisonville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Description: Join us for southern home-style cooking and hospitality! We are a full-service restaurant with an extensive menu as well as breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets. Located across from the historic courthouse in downtown Madisonville. We're a regular for locals and for those passing thru who've been tipped to dine here. Courtesy car from Monroe County airport and motorcycle clubs welcome. Call in advance for groups so we can be prepared.
Reviewed August 24, 2014

The place is cozy...some would say cute (I don't talk like that...I'm here to eat). There is a menu which is lengthy and looks tempting but not nearly as tempting as the buffet table. It's not long by chain buffet standards. But it looks and tastes yummy. My wife and I live about a 20 minute drive away in another county. 20 minutes is nothing "in the big city" anyway.
In fact we went for lunch Friday AND Saturday this week. The meat loaf was teriffic. So was the catfish and fried chicken. Same for the veggies (green beans, carrots, cabbage, etc). Two soups, oven-baked bbq chicken. We find 3 entrees per day on the buffet plus a full assortment of side dishes, soups, and a full salad bar (my wife would pull her chair up to the salad bar just for the black-eyed pea salad if you could do that...not really). Then there's the assortment of home-made desserts, usually cakes and pies, that will send you into a dessert coma worth the effort. All of this is on "The Square" across from the county court house. It's really a neat setting. By the way, there's even a small room near the front, set off with walls for privacy, for little groups to have either a menu meal or eat off the buffet.

2  Thank John B

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

My Mom and I were in town doing research at the courthouse. We decided to give this place a try. Do not let the merchandise in the front deter you. Go on back and have a seat near the buffet. I don't usually like buffets but this one is excellent. Fresh green beans, real mashed potatoes, grilled zucchini, I even liked the beets and I hate beets. The service was friendly, the restaurant was clean, and the decor seemed just right. Give it a try. Wish I lived closer than 5 hours away.

4  Thank modine100
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Love the food here! Breakfast bar rivals Shoneys bar. Service has always been spectacular. Definate 2 thumbs up!

1  Thank Carla T
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I live in nearby city and been going to Donna's for years. The buffet usually offers 2 or 3 meats and several vegetables along with soup,salad and dessert. I love the chicken pot pie. The buffet changes daily , and there is always ample fresh offerings. The staff is always great, the restaurant is clean and nicely decorated. Prices are reasonable. One of my favorite places !

2  Thank Diane R
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I come here every time I visit Madisonville. I look forward to the wonderful breakfast buffet, especially the chocolate gravy. Staff is so friendly and helpful. What a local cafe should be