TripAdvisor

Review of Murraypark Hotel

Murraypark Hotel
Ranked #14 of 55 Restaurants in Crieff
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at this hotel on a family visit for one night. We have previously stayed a few times before and always had a good time.

We arrived on the afternoon of the 24th of Oct and had a warm and friendly check in from the lovely gentleman on reception. We then went to our room and found it to be clean and presentable.

We had booked in for dinner at 8pm and we were again on arrival to the restaurant given a warm and polite service. Then unfortunately it went down hill... After a wait our starters of soup arrived which was passable but not what we would class as restraunt standards. In fact my family commented on how my homemade soup was so much better. Our mains followed which again the food was just passable. I had ordered peppercorn sauce with my steak... well it was honestly the most vile thing I've ever tasted in my life, it tasted like a chemical and left me after a spoonful feeling really sick and I couldn't get the taste out my mouth. The lovely server asked us if everything was ok and I said in a polite manner that I thought something was wrong with the sauce. She sniffed it and said oh yuck.. yeah there's definitely something wrong that smells horrible. The server kindly took the sauce back to the kitchen. A few moments later she appeared at our table and said.. The chef said I've to tell you there's nothing wrong with the sauce its made in the normal way with brine,thyme,vinegar and other things. The server went to put the sauce back on the table and I politely asked her to take it away as it had a chemical taste and as a result I was feeling very sick. I said to the server I had never heard of peppercorn made of brine and vinegar. The server very kindly took the sauce back to the kitchen where I heard her saying to the kitchen team... She said (meaning me) and then the kitchen staff laughing loudly. We declined dessert and didn't go for breakfast in the morning as we had lost trust in the kitchen staff and what they put in food which wouldn't be stated in the menu. In all my years of working with many high profile chef's I've never come across one so arrogant and self assured. As a result we definitely won't be back or recommend this hotel.

Date of visit: October 2019
lyndielou70, Manager at Murraypark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Julie S,
Many thanks for your feedback, I'm sorry the difficulties you experienced when dining with us and can assure its not the standard we set ourselves. This could have resolved this for you at the time but sadly we appear to have have fallen short on this. If you could contact me directly on 01764651801 I would be delighted to discuss this further with you,

Write a reviewReviews (126)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went as a family and had a great meal, real value for money and plenty to eat. Children's menu was good, no complaints at all. Staff very friendly.

1  Thank Stephen M

Thanks for your lovely review Stephen M, hope to see you all again soon!

Reviewed October 8, 2019

Popped in for a quick drink at this nice looking hotel. We were served quickly in the nice little lounge bar and were lucky enough to be able to sit outside on the small patio area near the front door. A beer and a gin outside in October in Scotland is certainly a novelty.
Friendly atmosphere, reasonably priced drinks, good service and spotlessly clean toilets.
Would certainly return

Date of visit: October 2019

Delighted you enjoyed your brief pit stop with us 8391iaina. Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed August 16, 2019

This was a great find in Crieff – especially with plenty available parking at the front door. Staff were very attentive and happy to help. Their lunch menu was varied with light bites, sandwiches / wraps and meals too. Would love to visit again in the winter and hopefully the fire will be on!

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank LXURXNRXTHERFXRD
lyndielou70, Manager at Murraypark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2019

Thank you for your lovely review! The fire will be on constantly very soon no doubt! Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2019

Ate here during our stay. Lovely food had the fish cakes but hate eating from slate boards prefer a nice clean plate. Dessert was served in a class with a crumble sprinkled all over a slate which was difficult to eat with a spoon but the food was delicious.

Date of visit: May 2019