“Weather was the only down side”

Loch Monzievaird Self Catering Lodges
Reviewed June 30, 2011

This was our second trip to Monzievaird, and we've already booked for next year! We have 4 year old twins who've spent last year talking about their blue holiday home, and can't wait to go back.

The Loch is so peaceful, and even when it's wet, the view from the chalet window is lovely. The area has so many things to do, that a wet day doesn't dampen the holiday. Walks are plentiful - every 100 yards or so seems to be a footpath off to a monument or a waterfall, and there are castles and lochs galore.

The chalets are well equipped, and wonderfully quiet (pounding rain outside was blissfully silent inside), the views are great, and we convinced my parents to come with us this year, and they also had a great time. On arrival, our fridge wasn't performing as it should, but this was replaced within an hour of bringing the problem to the attention of the owners.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank GailWilliams

Reviewed June 23, 2011

We had a fabulous week at "Iona" No 10 lodge. Facilities are superb. My dogs love the loch walk. A really special place that at the end of each week I wish I could stay for another. Switch the world off - and unwind. No stress. Already looking forward to my week next year.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Received excellent service and help before and during our stay. We were in the gatekeeper cottage and it felt like home from home which is great with small children. It was also great value too.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Loch Monzievard is a haven of tranquility away from the hustle and bustle of life. We stayed in a two bedroom chalet with sauna that overlooked the loch, truely gorgeous. We were very welcome on arrival and the people there were always willing to give advice, my one slight niggle was that I wish they would open a bar or communal area for the evening so that we could meet other holiday makers and share our days over a glass of something! However that being said, its a lovely spot from which to travel from, we visited Edinburgh, Glasgow, Loch Lomond, Loch Ness and St Andrews and this was a great base to travel from. I highly recommend boating on the loch, not easy but fun, walking to the famous grouse distillery via the fields and watching the bats and bunnies late at night. A great break, thank you.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Doodles_8
Reviewed November 30, 2010

WOW...were do I start. Absolutely Fabulous!
I have never been to a place where I have had such personal service and been looked after so well. The staff, Irene and Ian, when we were there, were second to none. Nothing was too much trouble, they were just so helpful in every way and informative of the local area. The lodges themselves were beautiful, we stayed in the conifer. Peaceful, tranquil and beautiful surroundings. The loch and the walk around it was stunning. It's one of those place that makes you feel special as soon as soon as you arrive, it has such a lovely energy about it. To top it all off we had a bespoke treatment at the spa on site by Gillian (to call it a massage and facial wouldn't do it justice!) the best. Gillian taylors the treatment to whatever you want in the most tranquil surroundings I have experienced (and I've had a few!!)
Perfect for families and couples alike. We had dogs who had a ball. Can't wait to come back. I only wish I could have stayed forever!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2010

My first trip to Scotland, and I was blown away! The lodges are perfect, cosy and well equipped. You look right over the loch and it's so peaceful and calming. The owners were lovely and there to help you 24/7 with anything! We'll definitely be going back! Oh, and I'd highly recommend getting one with a sauna!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Stayed August 2010 and Christmas 2009. Beautiful site by a small loch, great chalets some of which are really private. Plenty to see in the area. Ignore the poor review - chalets were clean on both occasions and the staff are helpful when needed. Some chalets are by the road but it isn't busy and you don't hear it inside anyway.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple