We booked 2 nights at Crieff Hydro to relax and recharge before we get married in 12 weeks time.
We arrived on the Friday night ,checked in and found our room no problem. We were thrilled at the size of the room and the bathroom. All decorated to a high standard. The views were great once the rain clouds disappered! The only slight issue we had with the room (114) was you could smell the cooking from the Meikle restuarant when the window was open and there was a lot of noise about 6.30am with vans and trollies. The shower was excellent with very high pressure and the bath was massive and big enough for 2 people.
We thorughly enjoyed breakfast both mornings however we were seated in the middle of about 7 familys on Sunday morning which did take the edge of as we couldnt hear ourselves think never mind talking to each other. But a wide choice and all very tasty!
We decided to go to the Victorian Spa on Saturday afternoon as the weather was so bad and we were disappointed to find there was a waiting list. We put our names down and just under 1 hour later we were called to say there was spaces. The spa is excellent and well worth £10 and once being there can appericate why there was a waiting list. The best thing is the peace and quiet and the ability to relax without kids making too much noise.
We didnt eat in the hotel but went to Avanti just on the High Street and the food was fanastic. We had a drink in the ballroom on the Saturday night but again the kids were having a great time and being a tad noisey as kids are so we retired to our room for drinks which was fine by us.
The hotel is great and if you had kids would be a great place to come as so much for them to do We dont have kids yet but would certainly bring them and we will definetly be back. People have complained about the kids but the hotel do try to accomadate adults only which is a real selling point. Yes there are lots of kids but what do you expect from a family resort.
After a recent disappointing stay in Dunblane Hydro we will most defintely be back hopefully sooner rather than later!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arguably the most comprehensive family resort in Scotland, 4 star Crieff Hydro is centrally located in its own 900 acre estate with an unrivaled range of leisure pursuits for all ages. Choose from over 40 on-site leisure activities and take advantage of inclusive daily childcare for 2-12 year olds in the 700m2 kids club. Extensively redeveloped from top to bottom, Crieff Hydro is only an hours drive from both Glasgow and Edinburgh. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Crieff Hydro Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crieff Hydro Hotel Crieff
- Crieff Hydro Resort
- Crieff Hotel Hydro
- Crieff Hydro Scotland
- Crieff Hydro Hotel And Resort Scotland