My husband and I haven't stayed in the Hydro for a while but had a night's stay on Feb. 16th.
Our room was small but spotless. As we don't have many opportunities to dress up we decided to dine in the formal (ha! ha!) Miekle Restaurant. Why did we bother "dressing up"?? We stood out like sore thumbs. Not only were people wearing jeans (never heard of before!) but scruffy ones at that.
On leaving, I asked the manager if the dress code no longer applied. He said, as I thought, that all documentation said so but that they are no longer allowed to enforce it! He shared my displeasure at the standard of dress nowadays.
Why have a formal dining room if it's not formal??!! - just have yet another ordinary eatery.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arguably the most comprehensive family resort in Scotland, 4 star Crieff Hydro is centrally located in its own 900 acre estate with an unrivaled range of leisure pursuits for all ages. Choose from over 40 on-site leisure activities and take advantage of inclusive daily childcare for 2-12 year olds in the 700m2 kids club. Extensively redeveloped from top to bottom, Crieff Hydro is only an hours drive from both Glasgow and Edinburgh. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Crieff Hydro Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crieff Hydro Hotel Crieff
- Crieff Hydro Resort
- Crieff Hotel Hydro
- Crieff Hydro Scotland
- Crieff Hydro Hotel And Resort Scotland