My husband and I stayed here for one night on our End to End road trip. The site is really quite incredible. We stayed in a woodland pitch, which was great, but the view from the upper meadow looked absolutely amazing! I was very tempted to move our tent there once I saw it and have said that we'll be camping there next time we stay here :D
We arrived after reception was closed and were really impressed by the information board with our name and pitch number on and the little maps to help us get there! We did struggle to find the toilets/showers/washing up area and had to ask some fellow campers. I imagine if you're arriving earlier though this wouldn't be a problem since you'd be told where they are.
We really liked how woodland pitches were so spaced out, even though all the pitches near us were occupied there was still a sense of relative seclusion you don't get at a lot of camp sites. We arrived too late to get any firewood but absolutely loved that this site allows camp-fires and provides fire-pits in the woodland areas and fire-saucers for the meadow areas.
It felt like one night was not long enough to really appreciate everything this site has to offer, it really is something quite special. We stayed as a couple but this would be an absolutely amazing place to bring children (there was a rope swing next to our camping pitch!!)
We will definitely be returning in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Comrie Croft, the friendly wee farm on the edge of the Highlands. We offer great value in the great outdoors! Stay in the farmstead with private ensuite rooms and the friendly camaraderie of a hostel. Or experience natural camping with access to hot showers and facilities: bring your own tent or hire a Swedish kata with a bed and wood stove to keep it cosy all year round. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Comrie Croft Eco Hostel And Camping
- Comrie Croft Eco Hostel & Camping Hotel Crieff
- Comrie Croft Eco Hostel & Camping Crieff, Scotland