“A little piece of heaven”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crieff
Comrie Croft Eco Hostel & Camping
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Having stayed at Comrie croft on many occasions from the start of opening it has indeed come such a long way. The development has started really taking shape. If you want the best camping experience this is the place to go, having a fire when your camping makes it truly wonderful and I don't believe camping is camping without a fire. Only a few negatives which I would like to see get better is over my last couple of stays I've found reception staff to be quite rude and cold and I've never had that before, before they would go out there way to help where as I've felt almost like I was getting in the way when recently requiring. The first time i went the staff were a massive part to me returning as I felt so welcome- so come on guys smiles back! I also understand there must be a limit to how many tents aloud in however times I've called for a 2 man tent and told there's no room has been quite frustrating there's a massive peace of land where I'm sure they could squeeze you and go that extra mile. Lately seen a lot of tiredness in the toilets these used to be so clean and I feel there hasn't been extra time taking on them, I understand on bad weather days it's hard to keep up but not in dry weather. Other than these little things the place is amazing and well worth a visit.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Indeed20
CrofterAndrew, Owner at Comrie Croft Eco Hostel & Camping, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Thanks a lot for your review and I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay. We value all your comments and while all the positive things do help put that smile on our face, the things that we need to improve on help make sure we avoid these negatives in future. I would really appreciate if you could contact me (Andrew) as a little more detail on a couple of these things would really help. But in the meantime...

I am sorry that you didn't receive the jolly welcome and friendly helpfulness that we like to think is part of our DNA at the Croft. I must admit that we were a little short-staffed at times over the past few months and that this has put undue strain on one or two of us. We are now back at full strength and will be having a session together about how to provide good friendly service even if we are not having the best day ourselves. I hope you'll be back again soon and see us all genuinely enjoying serving you.

On the question of squeezing in an extra tent - this is one that we have thought long and hard about many times. What we are trying to do is keep the relatively low density, "wild" nature of our camping and keep the pressure on the toilets/showers to a satisfactory level for all our guests. We probably get more than double the number of people wanting to come as we have 'pitches' most weekends. So we draw a line and try to stick to it so as not to devalue some of the main reasons that people like coming here. We are almost finished installing new compost toilets to further reduce the pressure so maybe next year we might increase the number of pitches. Meantime, if you can, book well in advance for weekends.

I'm also really sorry the toilets were not up to scratch. We work pretty hard to keep them sparkly, so again we'll be looking at what went wrong on this occasion and acting to improve things. I can tell you that the ceiling in there has just had a fresh coat of paint.

Thanks again for your valuable feedback and I do hope we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Well organised, relaxed, friendly campsite. Great fun for all the family older kids and adults will enjoy the mtb tracks and younger kids will enjoy chasing the chickens about. There's also a wildlife park just as you come into Comrie. Would highly recommend. The katas look good if your more of a glamper.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Myself and my partner had a lovely stay this weekend, camping in the Woodland. Our pitch was very spacious and it didn't feel like a campsite at all (which is what we wanted). Lots of lovely walks to do and great views. Thanks, we will be back!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Bean2708
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have just returned from a 2 night stay in Kata 5 with my two children (aged 5 & 8).

I couldn't have picked a better campsite to stay on my own with two children - excellent clean and well stocked facilities, overall the general layout of the site was perfect and completely safe for the children to have adventures!

Special thanks to George (hope I got the name right!) for all his help and keeping an eye on us to make sure everything was OK. It was my first time camping, so I needed all the help I could get!

We will most definitely be back! Loved it!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank kazza6000
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Returned today for 2 nights woodland camping. (2 adults, 2 children (8 and 13)) Check-in was easy and directions to plot were clear. You can drive your car close, park and use a wheelbarrow to transport your tent etc to your plot. We were allocated plot 8 which was on a slight slope. It is situated next to a stream, and like all woodland pitches, has its own area for a campfire. We moved to plot 7 on the 2nd night, as it looked bigger. The toilets were a few minuted from the plots, up a hill. At night, using these toilets was a total no, no. I used a lantern but it was just so scary and got lost! So be prepared for a piddle in the woods. There is a shop insite and a cafe. The local area is nice. More expensive than we have paid for other campsites than have offered more, but, we would definately return! We enjoyed wild camping but with the security of being on a campsite.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank leeann c
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We are just back from 3 glorious nights staying in Kata 4. This Kata is slightly further away from the toilets/showers but the views are stunning and it was so quiet and tranquil.

The Kata's are fantastic. They are very well equipped with pretty much everything you could need and the sleeping platforms are so comfy. Once we got the wood burner going it was actually almost too warm!

It is great that there are fire pits outside for warmth while star gazing and for marshmallow toasting too.

The toilets and showers were very clean but if the site was full I am not sure 2 loos would be enough!

The staff were friendly and helpful and all in all we had a fantastic weekend with them and cannot wait to go back again,

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JudeDixon
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed here for a week and like it so much i had to come back. Andrew and his brother run this charming hostel/ bed and breakfast. The decorations are charming, the surroundings beautiful, rural and welcoming, and the staff very hospitable. If you enjoy country living than this sort of vacation will suit you just fine. It was VERY affordable, a beautiful location, I went in May and again in July and both times the weather was lovely. There is a town nearby where you can get groceries, Loches nearby for swimming in if you dare, places to go swimming and beautiful countryside to explore.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends