Having stayed at Comrie croft on many occasions from the start of opening it has indeed come such a long way. The development has started really taking shape. If you want the best camping experience this is the place to go, having a fire when your camping makes it truly wonderful and I don't believe camping is camping without a fire. Only a few negatives which I would like to see get better is over my last couple of stays I've found reception staff to be quite rude and cold and I've never had that before, before they would go out there way to help where as I've felt almost like I was getting in the way when recently requiring. The first time i went the staff were a massive part to me returning as I felt so welcome- so come on guys smiles back! I also understand there must be a limit to how many tents aloud in however times I've called for a 2 man tent and told there's no room has been quite frustrating there's a massive peace of land where I'm sure they could squeeze you and go that extra mile. Lately seen a lot of tiredness in the toilets these used to be so clean and I feel there hasn't been extra time taking on them, I understand on bad weather days it's hard to keep up but not in dry weather. Other than these little things the place is amazing and well worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Comrie Croft, the friendly wee farm on the edge of the Highlands. We offer great value in the great outdoors! Stay in the farmstead with private ensuite rooms and the friendly camaraderie of a hostel. Or experience natural camping with access to hot showers and facilities: bring your own tent or hire a Swedish kata with a bed and wood stove to keep it cosy all year round. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Comrie Croft Eco Hostel And Camping
- Comrie Croft Eco Hostel & Camping Hotel Crieff
- Comrie Croft Eco Hostel & Camping Crieff, Scotland