We (2 adults, 2 children aged 5 & 6) are just back from a weekend camping in the forest. Couldn't recommend highly enough. Great pitch sites, great walking. Only reason I didn't give a 5 rating is that there always seemed queues for the toilets/showers but everyone seemed to manage fine with good humour. Very relaxing with stories and meals around the camp fire (luckily my husband makes a good fire!). Rained very heavily the second night but the river provided us with a good facility to wash slashes of mud off the fly sheet, cooler, etc, etc. Simply added to the fun and was just another excuse for the girls to paddle in the river again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Comrie Croft, the friendly wee farm on the edge of the Highlands. We offer great value in the great outdoors! Stay in the farmstead with private ensuite rooms and the friendly camaraderie of a hostel. Or experience natural camping with access to hot showers and facilities: bring your own tent or hire a Swedish kata with a bed and wood stove to keep it cosy all year round. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Comrie Croft Eco Hostel And Camping
- Comrie Croft Eco Hostel & Camping Hotel Crieff
- Comrie Croft Eco Hostel & Camping Crieff, Scotland