Stayed one night on a Saturday, 2 dads with their lads who are both 5 and were away camping for the 1st time. The site had everything that you could want for a real camping expience, the fact you can have a real fire is the winner in my opinion. We were on the hill and we had so much space between all the tents with fantastic views across Perthshire. Staff all very helpful and polite as were all the other campers we met, this gave the place a warm and safe feeling that you were amongst decent folk-no litter or neds that we saw thankfully.
Never used the tea room or much else as went to Crieff for a few pints and to watch the football in the afternoon while the kids played pool. £9.50 e/w in a taxi and not really worth the bother tbh. I would definatley recommend this site without hesitation and will be going again next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Comrie Croft, the friendly wee farm on the edge of the Highlands. We offer great value in the great outdoors! Stay in the farmstead with private ensuite rooms and the friendly camaraderie of a hostel. Or experience natural camping with access to hot showers and facilities: bring your own tent or hire a Swedish kata with a bed and wood stove to keep it cosy all year round. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Comrie Croft Eco Hostel And Camping
- Comrie Croft Eco Hostel & Camping Hotel Crieff
- Comrie Croft Eco Hostel & Camping Crieff, Scotland