Comrie Croft has spoilt us for future camping trips as anywhere else will have a lot to live up to! We were very lucky with the weather, so the children (aged from 3 to 9) were able to take advantage of the rope swings in the woods just above the lower meadow where we were able to choose our pitch. They literally went out first thing in the morning and we could keep an eye on them from our "base", only coming back when they were hungry.
The site was busy but there was plenty of space, including picnic tables which could be moved around. The rest of the people disappeared into the site very well, with all the different katas and tent pitches in the woods and higher meadow. The only time you realised it was busy was about 7pm / 9am when there was a bit of a wait for the showers.
As you are not allowed to drive onto the low meadow, there is a lot of to-ing and fro-ing to the car park, but it is worth it to have a "car-free" area to camp in.
Will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Comrie Croft, the friendly wee farm on the edge of the Highlands. We offer great value in the great outdoors! Stay in the farmstead with private ensuite rooms and the friendly camaraderie of a hostel. Or experience natural camping with access to hot showers and facilities: bring your own tent or hire a Swedish kata with a bed and wood stove to keep it cosy all year round. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Comrie Croft Eco Hostel And Camping
- Comrie Croft Eco Hostel & Camping Hotel Crieff
- Comrie Croft Eco Hostel & Camping Crieff, Scotland