1,125 results
All reviewsrooftop restaurantdrummond suitelady macbraynelady mary suitesunken bathbar menusteam roomfirst classswimming pooldeluxe roomrisottofour poster bedseparate buildingthe main hotelthe general managerleisure facilities arerelaxing break
Reviewed May 19, 2010

Stayed in this hotel for one night and found it to be very pleasant in some ways and in need of review in others. We stayed in the new wing which was clean, very small double bed in what reminded us of an old folks home. It was not unpleasant and the bathrooms were perfectly fine ...but it was a little student dormish!

The pool area is fabulous as are the gardens around - this is what adds real value in the stay. The restraunt on the roof has beautiful views of the surrounding countryside which are spectacular, unforntunately the restraunt was fully booked when we arrived and the waitress we asked failed to mention there was another dining area on the ground floor. When we found out we tried to book that an the receptionist stated she would call our room. We went to the pool and returned to find out from the same receptionist that she had a place for us but that since we had not been in our room she had let that time go to someone else. My partner was riding the Caledonian Etape (80Km bike ride) the following day and the 9pm slot left was not suitable for someone getting up at 4am. The very young receptionist seemed to treat folks like they were an annoyance - so we did not pursue it and left to find food elsewhere...pretty disappointed.

In contrast the spa treatments were superb. Also offered in the hotel and well worth the money. I can honestly say this was one of the best massages I have ever had (and I've had a lot). Well done for the fantastic service.

Another mention for the very friendly barman in the rooftop bar. Just the kind of service that brings you back to a hotel is a professional barman who clearly loves his job. This is the kind of service that is standard in Europe rather than the typical UK problem of hiring school kids/students who don't care.

I would recommend this hotel but I would say - such a beautiful building- it could be a truly fabulous hotel with some very small and inexpensive tweaks....

Reviewed May 18, 2010

Stayed here for just one night for a romantic getaway. The welcome we received on arrival was warm and genuine as we were shown to our room. We stayed in the Glenalmond Room and it was lovely - huge bed, great view, plenty of room.

However, the major selling point of this room was the bathroom. Recently refurbished, it is enormous. The bath is set in a raised area in the centre of a turret (cannot think of another description) with windows on 3 sides. Relaxing in it with a glass of wine is an unforgettable experience. The shower is large and powerful and the whole bathroom is stylishly decorated and finished. It is also centrally heated which is a welcome touch.

We dined in the rooftop restaurant. It is a fabulous setting and, with a glorious warm spring sunset, must rival some of the best restaurants in the world for location and views. The food was good too, maybe not quite up to the setting but well presented and tasty. Portions were good but a slightly greater choice would have been welcome. The staff were helpful but could have been a little better trained - particularly towards the end of the meal when I had to ask for coffee/whisky/bill etc. Breakfast was served in the same room and was decent but, again, not quite top drawer. My Scrambled Egg & Smoked Salmon was a little clumsy and my partner's Full Scottish a bit over cooked. These are only small issues but I hope they will be viewed as constructive criticism and they did not detract from an enjoyable dining experience.

We also each had a Full Body Massage. It was good but we both thought that the front and leg sections were a bit disappointing after the excellent back massage. The pool/sauna/jacuzzi are well kept and quiet due to the no children policy but the changing area needs updating (think high school locker room).

Despite my hyper-criticism, this is a fabulous hotel with a very bright future. With a little attention to detail, it could be one of the best hotels in Scotland. I only draw attention to these small issues because I believe this hotel should be striving for the very best. I will return and look forward to that day.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Jason H, General Manager at Knock Castle Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

LeithySuburbs thank you for all your points you brought to our attention .It is very important to get a feedback and improve ourselves so thank you again and hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 16, 2010

From the hotel website set your expectations and be prepared for them all to be surpassed!
From initial reception(included an optional tour of premises..how refreshing!) through all staff contacts, to accommodation, be it a traditional castle room or the modern executive room, the rooftop restaurant with simply stunning views and a wonderful pool and sauna etc, I challenge even the most discerning traveller to be unimpressed.
Quite simply, the service, food , attention and obvious staff pride in their jobs and positions, brings back standards I have not seen for a long long time.
If you are looking for a quiet relaxing break in pleasant surroundings this is for you.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Wow BIGALClydeValley that is very nice review thank you again for all nice words and we are proud we could serve customers like that and hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2010

We decided to spoil ourselves with a night in Knock Castle. The quiet location in Crieff was perfect, no kids running around and a relaxed atmosphere throughout the hotel.
We stayed in the Glenalmond suite in the biggest bed I've ever seen. The room was lovely, well decorated and very comfortable but the real jewel was the bathroom. A massive double shower and an equally impressive bath topped off with a heated floor. Very sumptious for someone more used to hostels and tents!!
We took a walk into town and had a look around then returned to the hotel for dinner in the Stags View restaurant - another treat.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, the staff were lovely and we were made to feel very welcome.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

theboymelville thank you for all your comments and we are glad that you really enjoyed a nice bathroom in Glen Almond Suite and it's gorgeous as well as one of the new Suites Drummond which got the similar bathroom but just with a bigger bath.Hope to see you soon again

Reviewed May 7, 2010

I found this hotel online by chance when looking to head off for a short break at a spa hotel. I have to say that the experience from the moment we arrived until we checked out was first class. The standard of the hotel and spa facilities was excellent, although next time I would probably book one of their suites rather than the executive room which was a litte on the small size. Having said that the standard of the furnishings within our room was of the highest calibre. The staff were very friendly and made us feel that we were staying in our own private castle. The cost of our overnight stay for DBB for 2 was £139, fantastic value for money in anyones books. The table de hote menu was varied and the standard of food was superb. We will definately be back to indulge ourselves at the spa and in the dining room. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone who enjoys a child free environment and is looking to chill out in a fabulous setting.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

We are glad JTS147 that you enjoyed staying with us and we are more than happy to see you back again.