“WOW !!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Crieff
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“WOW !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I don't even know where to start! Probably the highest praise I can give is that hubby said on the way home "that was really nice wasn't it? Shall we book it again?" That might not sound like much to you but trust me it's the highest of praise.

Castle itself - beautiful. Right up on the hill surrounded with trees and shrubbery. So scenic and beautiful views. Inside was gorgeous too. A lovely lounge area with reclining chairs and couches where you could sit, read and drink your coffee. The hotel was actually much smaller than I first realised with only 32 (or 33 I think he said) bedrooms but I think that's one of the things that adds to its charm. It allows a more personal touch and closer interaction with the staff.

Staff - a real asset to this hotel and one of the reasons it gets such high reviews. Friendly ,welcoming, chatty and nothing too much bother. Well done ladies and gents.

Food and drink - I was offered a coffee when we arrived and it was the nicest cappuccino I've had in ages. I'd love to have seen a coffee/snack menu in the lounge for in the morning/afternoons as we'd have definitely used it.
Dinner in the rooftop restaurant was fab and the scenery gorgeous. the food was lovely with a great choice and even hubby who is a real plain food "picky pants" had plenty of dishes he could choose from. He thoroughly enjoyed the steak pie although at £11.95 he said it could possibly have had more filling in it.
Breakfast was just the biz as well ! Cooked to order and perfect, served by friendly staff. This hotel has it all.

Spa - we both had 2x30 minute treatments included in our deal and this was definitely the highlight of our trip. My therapist was Leanne and I can honestly say that was one of the best massages I've ever had. Remember that episode of friends with Monica? It was seriously good and hubby absolutely raved about his as well. I also had a beautiful facial and hubby the Indian head massage. Both fab.

Pool etc - you have to go downstairs and walk down some steps to the pool, sauna , steam room and hot tub. No problem to do this though as it's right at the side of the hotel. Facilities were great and the pool area was lovely and warm. One thing I was really disappointed in was that there were tables and chairs but no loungers. This was a lazy break for us and I would have loved to have lain beside the pool and read my mags.

Room - Nice if somewhat slightly plain room in the new extension. Beautiful luxurious looking black bathroom though. Lovely and clean room, bathrobes, slippers, plenty of sockets etc It would do with an ironing board/iron as standard in the room and perhaps a luggage stand. Loved the fact that one of the windows opens outwards which is pretty rare in a hotel. lay in a really comfy bed listening to the birds - fabulous.

We stayed at the Hydro last month which I really loved but if I had to recommend one of the two it'd be no contest - Knock Castle left us feeling utterly spoiled, content and happy. Thank you

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jason H, General Manager at Knock Castle Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear Teeshun_Diva,
Wow , thank you for your great review.We are very happy that you felt spoiled and you had fabulous stay with us.I will pass all comments to the staff and hope we will be able to welcome you back very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

We spent a day at Knock Castle as part of one of the romance package deals. On arrival our room was upgraded which was a great start. The staff were instantly personable and friendly without seeming false and did everything they could to make us feel welcome and relaxed. The room itself was well presented with a wonderful view of the Scottish Highlands. The meal was just fantastic (we had the 7 course degustation meal) and thanks to the attention of the head chef/owner Jason were able to change the courses to suit our tastes. The scallops in particular were outstanding - the best we've ever had - and we'd probably go back for those alone!
It doesn't have that clinical 'edge' of professionalism that places such as Gleneagles or Cameron house have but neither does it suffer from their lack of personality, and you can take that as a positive or a negative depending on your own preference. We would certainly recommend it to you as we had a wonderful time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jason H, General Manager at Knock Castle Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Chris C,
wow thank you for all words.We are very happy that you had such an amazing time with us and comments about other hotels just makes us feel very good and proud.Hope you will be back soon again.
glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

We have have just arrived home from a spa break at Knock Castle feeling very chilled. The Rooms were very comfortable. Dinner was served in the roof top restaurant which was a real dining experience. Treatments were first class. Reception staff were very helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear janice c,
Thank you for nice words.We are glad that you had enjoyable time with us and that we met all your expectations.Hope you will return soon.
Nairn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

I went here in February with my girlfriend for a 3 night stay. It was our first time visiting, and it definitely lived up to our high expectations. The room was beautiful with a bathroom to die for. The facilities that we had access to where also brilliant with a swimming pool that was a lot larger than our expectations. Will here we also decided to try the spa with my girlfriend getting the treatment of the month. Everything from the atmosphere, staff and treatment was fantastic and so relaxing. As for the food, I think that was the highlight of the trip. Everything was amazing. The chef was also brilliant with my fussy girlfriend and allowed her to change things on the menu to suit her. Definitely a place to return to for another special occasion. And thank you to all the staff for making our stay wonderful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RossGordon
Dear RossGordon,
Thank you .We are very happy that we ticked all boxes and both of you had amazing time with us.It;s nice to see reviews like that and it;s nicer to have happy guests leaving our hotel.Hope you will come back soon and get pampered again.
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

I came across Knock Castle quite by accident as I was looking for a nearby Hotel. The staff was so wonderful I brought in my suitcase and settled in for a wonderful stay. A pre-dinner cocktail was included with room charge, as was my excellent three course dinner (smoked chicken for starter, steak entre with salad and veg, Eton Mess for dessert) Breakfast, also included, was extraordinary. Beyond the wonderful food, bar and restaurant service, my room was just lovely: beautifully clean, a small, yet posh and tidy bathroom, comfortable bed, covers that were just right, windows that really opened. Nothing was left un-thought-of: bedside tea service included bottles of both sparkling and clear Strathmore water, hot chocolate, chocolate sweets, biscuits, shortbread. Most of all the staff had the attitude of being there for guests -- not vice versa. The staff philosophy seems to be that of "let us take care of you." Fabulous.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear martinWisconsin,
Thank you for your wonderful review.We are very happy that everything in here met your expectations and we are glad we ticked all boxes.Hope to see you again and we will make sure other stay will be fab as well.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

I have spent the weekend at Knock Castle along with my daughter and three of her friends. You can only give 5 out of five, I wish I could give 10! The staff, food and facilities surpassed anything which we have all experienced before. This is my daughters birthday and they could not do enough to make her and her friends feel like royalty. The food was beyond what any of us could have hope for and the staff were so attentive.
The general manager could not have been more helpful in making the whole experience a very special weekend for not only my daughter and her friends but for me also.
I shall be coming back again and not only that I will be taking my friends with me for such a relaxing and special weekend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear TVPRODUCTIONS,
Thank you for your lovely words about your stay in here at Knock Castle.We are delighted that you had such a good time and we will be more than happy to welcome you back.
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent a weekend at Knock Castle and had an excellent time. We booked the castle deluxe room and on arrival were upgraded to a suite. Lady Mary suite was spacious, relaxing and beautifully furnished. Food in the restaurant was very good and beautifully presented. Personnel were lovely all over the hotel. We would definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jason H, General Manager at Knock Castle Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear KicsiDongo,
Nice to hear that you had really relaxing stay with us.Hope you will come back soon and try some other rooms at our hotel. We will be more than happy to look after you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crieff
Murraypark Hotel
Knockendarroch Hotel & Restaurant
Cromlix
Cromlix
#1 of 1 in Kinbuck

Been to Knock Castle Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!