I don't even know where to start! Probably the highest praise I can give is that hubby said on the way home "that was really nice wasn't it? Shall we book it again?" That might not sound like much to you but trust me it's the highest of praise.
Castle itself - beautiful. Right up on the hill surrounded with trees and shrubbery. So scenic and beautiful views. Inside was gorgeous too. A lovely lounge area with reclining chairs and couches where you could sit, read and drink your coffee. The hotel was actually much smaller than I first realised with only 32 (or 33 I think he said) bedrooms but I think that's one of the things that adds to its charm. It allows a more personal touch and closer interaction with the staff.
Staff - a real asset to this hotel and one of the reasons it gets such high reviews. Friendly ,welcoming, chatty and nothing too much bother. Well done ladies and gents.
Food and drink - I was offered a coffee when we arrived and it was the nicest cappuccino I've had in ages. I'd love to have seen a coffee/snack menu in the lounge for in the morning/afternoons as we'd have definitely used it.
Dinner in the rooftop restaurant was fab and the scenery gorgeous. the food was lovely with a great choice and even hubby who is a real plain food "picky pants" had plenty of dishes he could choose from. He thoroughly enjoyed the steak pie although at £11.95 he said it could possibly have had more filling in it.
Breakfast was just the biz as well ! Cooked to order and perfect, served by friendly staff. This hotel has it all.
Spa - we both had 2x30 minute treatments included in our deal and this was definitely the highlight of our trip. My therapist was Leanne and I can honestly say that was one of the best massages I've ever had. Remember that episode of friends with Monica? It was seriously good and hubby absolutely raved about his as well. I also had a beautiful facial and hubby the Indian head massage. Both fab.
Pool etc - you have to go downstairs and walk down some steps to the pool, sauna , steam room and hot tub. No problem to do this though as it's right at the side of the hotel. Facilities were great and the pool area was lovely and warm. One thing I was really disappointed in was that there were tables and chairs but no loungers. This was a lazy break for us and I would have loved to have lain beside the pool and read my mags.
Room - Nice if somewhat slightly plain room in the new extension. Beautiful luxurious looking black bathroom though. Lovely and clean room, bathrobes, slippers, plenty of sockets etc It would do with an ironing board/iron as standard in the room and perhaps a luggage stand. Loved the fact that one of the windows opens outwards which is pretty rare in a hotel. lay in a really comfy bed listening to the birds - fabulous.
We stayed at the Hydro last month which I really loved but if I had to recommend one of the two it'd be no contest - Knock Castle left us feeling utterly spoiled, content and happy. Thank you
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for great Scottish hospitality, award-winning food, stunning countryside and a luxurious country retreat, Knock Castle has it all. You could be in search of a quiet meal out together, a weekend break in the heart of Scotland, an unrivalled wedding venue or a great place for business - you’ll find we offer exactly what you require and real value for money. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Knock Castle Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Knock Castle Hotel And Spa
- Knock Castle Hotel Crieff
- Knock Castle Hotel & Spa Crieff, Scotland