“relaxing night at knock castle we will be back”

Knock Castle Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Crieff
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I was fortunate to win an over night stay at Knock Castle and can safely say I would highly recommend this place and will definitely be back. We got too choose our room when I called to book and we chose the Loch Earn room , room was spacious very clean and has a top of the range bath/sauna/Jacuzzi which my hubby loved !
We arrived late but were warmly welcomed by Jason (manager) who showed us to our room and told us about the hotel , we dined in the rooftop restaurant which was lovely and peaceful and the food was delicious .
Breakfast again was highly recommended .
Overall we had a great relaxing night and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason H, General Manager at Knock Castle Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear claire r thank you for all your nice comments.We are very happy that you enjoyed your prize and hope to see you again at Knock Castle.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I dined in the roof top restaurant with my children was greeted by friendly staff and shown to a lovely set table , i was given a lovely choice of menu which I ordered the steak and ale pie , it was served well presented and tasted fab!!, the flavour was amazing It had lovely views was very peaceful and relaxing I can't wait to go back again I will definitely recommend this hotel to my family and friends , I would say this is a must !!.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear VonnieChristie we are glad that you enjoyed meal in a Rooftop Restaurant and hope will see you back even for an overnight stay to enjoy all the facilities.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I accidentally booked the wrong date for our stay following our wedding. When I discovered this, I phoned the hotel and explained. Although they thought they were fully booked, they did manage to find us a room at short notice and we were both very pleased with it. We were given a huge corner room in the Lodge, which we assume was a family room as along with the double(2 singles pushed together but very comfortable) there were another 2 single beds in the room. As stated by others, do not attempt to walk down the path in heels, I almost fell on a couple of occasions. The rooftop restaurant is fantastic, service was perfect and the meals were beautiful. I've never seen a breakfast presented so well! All of the staff were very friendly too. We found the gym adequate for our needs and the free use of the steam room, sauna, swimming pool and jacuzzi was a great bonus. Would definitely recommend Knock Castle however, we won't go back as this was a bit expensive for us, it was a fantastic treat following our wedding though.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear caz5968 thank you for all nice comments.We are happy that we've made your expectations and you had a good time after your wedding. I am a bit disappointed that you think we are too expensive but we are trying to reach all our customers expectations and we value our product so we might see you back again even for your anniversary.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed overnight with a friend and stayed in the Lodge.Room was spacious and the view was tremendous.Housekeeping and reception staff were very attentive and any request we made was dealt with within minutes.Nothing seemed too much trouble,staff were so obliging and service was always with a smile.
Roof top restaurant had beautiful views,food was lovely too.
I had a back,neck and shoulders massage and my friend had a facial.I would say it was one of the best massages I have ever had.I will definitely be back.Knock Castle Hotel is well worth a visit.

Room Tip: The lodge is a short walk to the hotel either through the gardens or via the road.The path through t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Frances J

Dear Frances J we are glad that you had a great stay at our Lodge and we are pleased with all good comments about the staff.We will be glad to see you back again.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

After walking out of the Hilton at Dunkeld due to damp and mould in two rooms my wife and I ended up here. It was for her Birthday and I wanted it to be perfect. I wasn’t disappointed. Room was first class, Food was fantastic and the service was the best I have ever received. We will be back.

1  Thank Mac S

Dear Mac S I am glad that after not a good experience you've chosen Knock Castle and we've made your stay special,you more than welcome to come back even just t treat yourself and your family and we will be more than happy to look after you.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Booked here last minute to get away for a relaxing over night stay. Lovely garden grounds, hotel building beautiful also.

We stayed in the lodges, Ben Ledi which was very spacious, well decorated and very comfortable with lovely views. This is only a very short walk to the main hotel building and at night is well lit. Ladies, this pathway is not suitable for high heels although you can walk round the road too. No bin in main room and our duvet was wafer thin.

Reception staff were very friendly and very professional, Kerry (I think that was her name!) checked us in and out and always had a smile.

Waiting staff very attentive also.

We booked in for dinner on arrival and were advised that roof top restaurant was fully booked so we had to eat in the main restaurant however when arriving for dinner Kerry advised that roof top restaurant was in fact available (Kerry knew that we wanted this restaurant). When we arrived at restaurant it was half empty and what a disappointment this restaurant was too. Decor very average and food a let down. My husband ordered Haggis to start with and it arrived cold, sent it back explaining that it was cold, waitress very apologetic, second one arrived even colder. Waiter took it away and again very apologetic and offered an alternative starter, my husband declined. Main courses were ok but certainly not "fine dining " as advertised.The roasted vegetables were awful.
Waiter didn't charge for my husbands starter or my dessert which I couldn't eat either and he gave us our wine free of charge as way of an apology which was very decent of him.

The kitchen is semi open plan and you can hear the radio comms to the other restaurant constantly which isn't ideal.

Breakfast which is served in same restaurant was lovely! Freshly cooked,very nice. Was this the same chef??

Overall it is a nice enough hotel but not worth the money in our opinion. Pool area a bit tired also. It's a real shame as hotel and grounds nice and staff great.

8  Thank bellabee123
Jason H, General Manager at Knock Castle Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review Knock Castle Hotel and Spa. Your comments have been noted, and we hope that you will find an opportunity to visit again in the future.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Just back from a brilliant stay at Knock Castle Hotel with my cousin. The room was in the lodge, lovely view from the bay window, room very spacious and comfortable, strong WFI. The staff were very helpful and pleasant. The food was mouth watering. Had one of the best hot stone massages, thank you Anna. Looking forward to going back.

Room Tip: Lodge very quite.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank janice310

Dear janice310 thank you for that.We are glad that you had one of the memorable stay with us and we are glad we exceed all your expectations.We will be more than happy welcome you back as it's nice to have happy customers.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crieff
Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro
#8 of 18 in Pitlochry
Dunkeld House Hotel
Dunkeld House Hotel
#3 of 3 in Dunkeld

Been to Knock Castle Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!