1,123 results
All reviewsrooftop restaurantdrummond suitelady macbraynelady mary suitesunken bathbar menusteam roomfirst classswimming pooldeluxe roomrisottofour poster bedseparate buildingthe main hotelthe general managerleisure facilities arerelaxing break
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We visited knock castle with my wife and my parents. I have never been treated so marvellously. The staff are so friendly and helpful ,they cannot do enough for you. The suite we had was amazing the bed was huge and comfy, the decor fabulous , everything you need is in place.
The food was out of this world , the chef deserves a mitchellin star for his efforts. I have never tasted food so good and so fresh. We were offered 4 menus to pick from and you could pick and chose fom each amazing. Well done to everyone at knock castle you all are amazing

Room Tip: All rooms look superb but we stayed in Abercrombie suite absolutely amazing
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Steve B
Jason H, General Manager at Knock Castle Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Wow thank you for your amazing review. We are delighted by your words and hope you will come back in close time to see us again.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Had a fantastic stay, the food is outstanding, the staff can't do enough for you , and the beds ?.... Well it's like coming home , big and comfy. Can't praise knock castle enough. This our fourth visit, we have recommended to family and friends and they have all enjoyed it as much as us

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Audbod_13

Dear Autbod_13 I am glad that from so many visits you were enjoying the last one as well and hope will see you back again. Thank you.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We ate lunch in the rppf -top restaurant and the views were delightful.The waiter told us that the bread was freshly baked though we felt that this was an exaggeration. We had difficulty in deciding if the 'butter ' was in fact 'real' butter or a mixture of fats ! The meal on the whole was average and I doubt if we will be returning. The castle itself has much atmosphere and the grounds are well kept and colourful. On the whole, the hotel needs an injection of enthusiasm.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank crathieScotland
Jason H, General Manager at Knock Castle Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review Knock Castle Hotel and Spa. Your comments have been noted, and we hope that you will find an opportunity to visit again in the future.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and must say the setting is beautiful. The rooms in the castle itself are OK, modern really, but we stayed in the Lodge, where the rooms are unique and quite nice, very spacious. We ate there both nights and the food was wonderful, we ate different things and were very happy. The Risotto was up to Ramsey's specs.. We were served by Jason, a very nice young man who couldn't be more helpful. I would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Lou L thank you for commenting on risotto the way you did. It was a pleasure and as I am passionate chef and my staff is passionate about work they doing we will be more than happy to welcoming you back and will make your stay again unforgettable

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Having just returned from our one night stay in the family room at the lodge I feel I must give some feedback on the hotel. It's hard to believe we stayed in the same place as some of the reviewers here! On arrival we were given the wrong key and the room was not clean. After the mix up, we eventually got the right room in the lodge. The receptionist was very nice but I do feel that we should have been compensated in some way for this. A free glass of wine would not have gone amiss. The room in the lodge was spacious for us and a beautiful view. The bathroom was not spotless, dusty floor with long hairs on the floor and hairs in the bath. None of used the bath. We used the spa instead. Dinner was a continuation of the odd behaviour. We arrived at 8pm as we had booked, we were still in the bar area at 8.40. The girl at the bar brought the wrong wine, white not red. I suspect the first red she found open. The Maitre d' described the 4 menus?! The idea of mixing between them seems a good one but why not just have one or two with the choices clearly marked. No chicken main courses and out of fish on a saturday night so it was beef or pork belly for a main course. I don't rate that as fantastic for a restaurant that evidently thinks and prices itself as upmarket. The chef did make me a chicken main on request which was appreciated. The starter of haggis cake was so small it was laughable. My fish rilette was beautifully presented but also very small. Chicken main, cooked very well but served with beef gravy. The other main, the pork belly was tough and no crispy top. Very disappointing. As described in the other reviews, we were asked by at least three different waiting staff if we enjoyed the dinner. The chef also came round and when we told him too about the pork belly he took it off the bill. Unfortunately as we were on a DBB rate this made no difference, it was all under our allowance. The sweets were fine. The bar area is lovely, we enjoyed our sleep. We made our allotted time at breakfast, really a fixed time in a four star hotel, I've never heard the likes! Breakfast was a nice selection and well cooked. The spa swim and sauna was nice and clean but not outstanding. You can see how this hotel has the potential, it's a gorgeous house and the staff are nice and attentive but its not the top hotel I expected from the reviews. I've stayed at much better and cheaper and had better food and fewer errors in service.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family