“What a find”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2013

A very nice old country house restaurant. Quite well furnished with natural woods and nice decor. Staff were ver attentive and chatty with out being familiar. Prices were excellent for the standard and quality of the food. It was well presented and cook ed exactly as one ordered it. Ask for a window table for pleasant views. Nice bar area for drinks before and coffee afterwards.

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Booked the meal as part of a stay at the lodges. As we were a large group we were given a private dining room which made our meal even more special.

As we were a large group we had been asked to pick a set menu and submit the menu choices in advance so in the day the food just appeared

Each course was fantastic with plates all cleared
I had the terrine with come with a chutney on the side
My next course was the pork with apple and black pudding. The sauce that accompanied this was out of this world
Then to finish it was chocolate torte so lovely but very rich.

Everyone else's dinner was also fab. I don't think there was a morsel left on any of the plates

At £30 a head the standard of food made this really good value for money

This is the second time I've eaten here and this was better than last time but both times were outstanding really 5 star food

I can't wait to come back for dinner, be it with my partner or a group

Defiantly worth the trip for lunch/Dinner

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Crab cakes were underwhelming to start. They weren't crispy on the outside as a good crab cake should be. My sausage of the day main was okay though the amount of mashed potato provided was inadequate. The whole meal was under-salted.
The staff appeared to be friendly to their more obviously Scottish clientele but less so towards me (Scottish but you can't tell from my accent) and my wife (Canadian).

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We visited Duchally Country Estate on a snowy Tuesday on March to use an ITISON voucher.
We were directed to the bar by reception and told to wait to be seated. We stood for quite some time until we were shown to our seat.
Our voucher entitled us to a two course meal - which we both enjoyed. The crab cakes as a starter were tasty.
The country estate sounds much grander than it is in reality. Nice enough if you are passing but not sure I'd go out of my way again.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

What a great surprise.I downloaded a voucher for two for a two course lunch at Duchally and was treated as if i was a fully paid guest The choice was excellant and food was fab The staff where so friendly and George the waiter needs a special mention as his smiling face and conversation made my day