“Best kept secret in Perthshire”

Monteaths Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 30 Restaurants in Auchterarder
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I don't tell many people but the restaurant at Duchally is always a winner, whether we go for a special dinner, or take friends for lunch which we did recently. We've never had an 'average' meal there - it's always been excellent food, perfectly cooked, and good service...why go anywhere else? It's tucked down a country lane, only a mile from the famous Gleneagles Hotel so many would pass it by....but we know better!

Reviewed April 5, 2012

I have passed this estate many times and have never had a reason to visit until I bought the groupon deal.
It really is a hidden gem and is far bigger then expected. The resturant was clean and well laid out. It was not cramped or over crowded even thought there are quite a few tables.
The food was lovely and even my Dad who is a pretty fussy eater enjoyed his meal. The grouopon voucher was great value for money but in fairness had i not had this I think my review could have been quite different. The food was nice and well presented but I feel it was expensive for what you actually got.

On the whole a pleasent day out.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Went on the Groupon voucher, the entire experience can only be described as mediocre. It did not come up to my expectations. This could be an exceptional venue but customer experience and food need to be improved somewhat. Some good training for the staff and the chef paying more attention to detail would raise the bar.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

We ate Sunday lunch here on Mother's Day and it was super. A great beef roast with gorgeous freshly cooked Yorkshire puddings (no Aunt Bessies here!). The burgers were lovely - homemade and beautifully succulent. They are great supporters of locally sourced ingredients too! You can eat outside in the summer and enjoy watching the red squirrals!

Reviewed February 28, 2012

The restaurant was clean, and our table for 11 was well set out with plenty of room. On the whole, the staff were very nice, with the exception of one waitress, who seemed to have had a bad day, and wasn't coping with the stress associated with serving food that night!! Food was nice enough, but nothing to shout about.