“Probably the best experience I have ever had of a hotel”
Review of Glendevon Hotel

Glendevon Hotel
Ranked #18 of 31 Restaurants in Auchterarder
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Arrived at hotel at half past 9 with 2 shattered little boys after a 5 hour drive. The staff were the most accommodating I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and went well and truly beyond their duties to ensure we were comfortable, even making us a massive packed lunch since we were leaving before breakfast to catch a ferry to Orkney. The beds were super comfy, pillows lush and duvet fluffy. All in all The Glendevon Hotel is the perfect place to stay and living in Lancashire the perfect half way point on the way to Orkney. I could go on all day complimenting the place but I won't :) Just rest assured that I couldn't find a single thing faulty and after years working in the hotel and leisure industry I am extremely picky :)

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

The Glendevon Hotel has been very poor on its food in the past but myself and two friends went there for a meal on 28June14 and one had Chicken Salad which was absolutely outstanding, my other friend and I had Peppered Steak, Spicy Chips and Veg, we all enjoyed the meal so much we filled in Surveys and gave excellent reviews, i did mention about the toilet handle not flushing properly, we will go back to this establishment for a meal again.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

If you fancy a quality pint or seven, washed down with some local banter don't even think about going anywhere else in "Langtoon". Good quality bar meals too at great prices. Stovies to die for!! Entertainment can be arranged very quickly as was evident from the very busy Karaoke on a Thursday night. Mega night out, even if your not the best singer in Toon. Large TV for football and other sports on request. We got free nibbles to watch footy. Staff extremely pleasant and local which is a huge asset when looking for local information. No idea how others had bad experiences, I look forward to returning again on every visit. Great boozer.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

This honestly has to be one of the worst pub restaurants I have ever been to. My friends and I were travelling and decided to stop off for a pint and a few games of pool, biggest mistake of our trip. The barmaids were too busy bumping their gums to each other to notice us standing there wanting served. The pints were awful, like the beer lines hadn't been cleaned in months. The decor is awful and parts of the wall in the pool room decaying. Definitely below standard for such a lovely town. Will never return and would not advise anyone to stop off here for a quick drink.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

It was noticeable when we entered the restaurant on Sunday lunchtime that there were no others eating in it at what is usually a busy time for restaurants. Customers at the bar cast many unfriendly looks at us as we waited for a table to be prepared. Overall the surroundings in the bar, restaurant and toilets were not very welcoming. The food I was served was poor. Macaroni-cheese was lacking in flavour and sauce. The chips were like they had been reheated from a previous fry, and the salad looked quite limp and lacked a fresh appearance. I was exceptionally hungry and did eat the food, but I will never return to this hotel. Considering the price as well, the meal was very poor value for money. On my departure I had to try to avoid smokers actually standing in the exit doorway.