“Outstanding food”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Auchterarder
scotland
“Outstanding food”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

After the huge hype that has been going around the village in Auchterarder, we decided to go to The Cairn Lodge it certainly was more than what we were expecting the restaurant was stunning and the food was out of this world we do like good food and we couldn't believe how outstanding quality, presentation,thought has went into each and every dish. What a menu suited for all clientele and eating out a lot with business this place is certainly up there with the best of them. Well done !!!

2 Thank swe3theart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
callander
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Have just taken friends for dinner at the newly opened cairn lodge grill room. One word STUNNING. From the moment you enter the hotel, the staff, the decor and the ambience were second to none. We were made to feel very welcome, and the food was tremendous. As two couples who are in the hospitality trade, we congratulate you on a wonderful meal, and superb service. This is going to take some beating!!! Gleneagles eat your heart out!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
FAULDHOUSE
Reviewed April 24, 2012

My husband & I recently stayed at the newly refurbished Cairn Lodge & Hotel near Gleneagles. Hats off to the designers as it looks fantastic. It is very modern with black & white furniture. It has been elaborately styled using many Swarovski crystals & you should see the very unique ceiling lights. Definitely 5 Star +

The food was fabulous with a great choice of menu. I have never tried scallops before but I tasted my husband's starter and now I have been converted; they melted in my mouth. I always choose steak and it was cooked to perfection using their new Inka grill. I would without a doubt say that it was one of the best that I have ever tasted.

Their outside patio area is lovely and very spacious. A great place to sit with a glass of wine or two.

My husband & I will definitely book again for my birthday in May.

Stirling
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Wow this Hotel this amazing. Stayed to celebrate our anniversary and what a treat.
We stayed in Room 2 which overlooked the stunning Terrace and the Bedroom was fabulous, the decor is out of this world. We also had Dinner in the restaurant, the food was excellent and the service was first class. Had a drink in the bar after dinner and the ambience was exceptional. Try the Mojito's they are a must!!!! Can't wait for a return visit.

Stirling
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed in this stunning hotel at the weekend, I booked it for my partner & myself for a special occaision & I was not let down. I could not fault 1 thing. From the minute I entered the hotel to the minute I left, it was a first class experience in a luxury hotel. We received a warm friendly welcome & every member of staff without exception were efficient, polite, helpful & professional. The food was of the highest standard & fairly priced, the restaurant decor was very modern & the atmosphere very relaxing. The rooms are pure luxury & also very modern. The bath was huge, I felt like I was in a swimming pool & it had a seperate shower with lovely toiletries, Tv, DVD, docking station & mini bar in the room made it really comfortable & I could have stayed there all week . This is a truly magnificent hotel which is now on my radar & I can assure you that I will be a regular visitor. Well done Aurora Hotel Collection.

Liviningston
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Wasn't what i was expecting having been in it before the refurb. All black & whites, leather and velvets, astounding. We booked in for dinner in their 'Grill Room', staff were so helpful, service was ideal allowing you time inbetween courses and not being rushed. My husband talked me into having a steak which i don't normally eat but this was cooked to perfection all washed down with a nice bottle of wine. We had a few drinks in the bar sitting watching a beautiful living flame fire. We stayed in room 8, the bed was so comfortable, had a great sleep. WOULD RECOMMEND TO EVRYONE TO TRY, I WILL DEFINATELY BE BACK. WELL DONE

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Ann M
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I have just spent the night at the Cairn Lodge near Gleneagles. This hotel has just been refurbished and it only opened during the week, we stayed years ago however vowed then never to go back as it was really shabby.
We booked the hotel for a family dinner and we ended up booking rooms too, the hotel is part of the Aurora Hotel Collection and i think they have a few luxury hotels according to the Manager.
We met the owner of the company Mr McLeod when we were there, he was chatting to everyone as the place was really busy, such a down to earth guy.
The food in the Restaurant was Amazing! It is a great menu for a Grill so much to choose from, i had a steak and it was really tasty. The menu is very well priced, it was very reasonable, especially for Gleneagles area! I know this as i have been at Gleneagles a few times too! and it is expensive!
The bedrooms are just out of this world, the owner we were told designed the entire place himself, it is really amazing, it feels like the hotel should be in London or a city centre as it is so Chic anc contemporary, the last thing i would have expected to see.
When we were there there was a pipe band on the lawn at the front of the hotel playing and also a Jazz and saxaphone trio playing tinside the hotel.
All i can say is that we will be back, this really is a completely stunning new hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank millie d
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auchterarder
CLC Duchally Country Estate
Gleneagles
Gleneagles
#1 of 4 in Auchterarder
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,045 reviews

Been to Cairn Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!