Quite a quick check in with nice staff who are very efficient. Rooms are dated and dowdy and over priced. Restaurant is ok but breakfast is poor considering it is supposedly 5*. Afternoon tea is a shadow of what it was and they could do with a decent pastry chef. The cost is over the top and service was lack lustre. Tip ask for a room to the side of the hotel with open views of the hills. A window table for lunch or dinner and in the winter for afternoon tea ask for near the fireplace which is very country house.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An iconic country estate set beneath the beautiful Ochil Hills, The Gleneagles Hotel has been a luxury destination for nearly a century. Located just one hour from Glasgow and Edinburgh airports and with its own railway station, Gleneagles offers the perfect retreat for those looking for relaxation, fun and adventure. Three championship courses have established Gleneagles' reputation as a golfer's paradise but the hotel offers so much more than golf. The 850-acre estate epitomises the rugged natural beauty for which Scotland is famed and offers guests a glorious playground of country pursuits and activities. Whether you come to fly a Harris' Hawk, ride horses, play tennis, go off-roading, train gundogs, shoot game, fish, enjoy Michelin-starred dining, or relax in an award-winning spa, Gleneagles offers a world of unforgettable experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gleneagles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gleneagles Hotel Auchterarder
- Gleneagles Resort Auchterarder
- Gleneagles Hotel Scotland
- Gleneagles Auchterarder, Scotland