I've been fortunate to experience fine hotels, and must say that Gleneagles Hotel has very few peers. This place reeks with first-class luxury and service the moment you stroll through its elegant lobby. The check-in area is relatively small compared to large hotels, but you get the impression that the staff was waiting just for you and willing to please. My accommodations were in a "standard room" that would be equal to a rambling suite in many top tier hotels. It was really very comfortable, even though I found that the bed rested on small wheels. The bathroom was big enough to jog in, and there was a classy old-fashioned bathtub that could probably fit 2 regular-sized people. The TV channels were what you normally see in the United Kingdom.
The 3 restaurants are very nice and cater to casual to fine dining. Great food too! The only down side of my trip was that it occured in February and, therefore, it was typical Scotland weather - cold, windy, and wet. However, if you have time, there's a lot of good site-seeing available in the Highlands, Edinburgh, nearby Glasgow and, of course, castles are all over the place. The game of golf was invented in the Gleneagles area, and there are numerous golf courses to cater to your best game. For you movie fans, the true story of "Braveheart" happened just a few minutes ride from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An iconic country estate set beneath the beautiful Ochil Hills, The Gleneagles Hotel has been a luxury destination for nearly a century. Located just one hour from Glasgow and Edinburgh airports and with its own railway station, Gleneagles offers the perfect retreat for those looking for relaxation, fun and adventure. Three championship courses have established Gleneagles' reputation as a golfer's paradise but the hotel offers so much more than golf. The 850-acre estate epitomises the rugged natural beauty for which Scotland is famed and offers guests a glorious playground of country pursuits and activities. Whether you come to fly a Harris' Hawk, ride horses, play tennis, go off-roading, train gundogs, shoot game, fish, enjoy Michelin-starred dining, or relax in an award-winning spa, Gleneagles offers a world of unforgettable experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Otel, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gleneagles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gleneagles Hotel Auchterarder
- Gleneagles Resort Auchterarder
- Gleneagles Hotel Scotland
- Gleneagles Auchterarder, Scotland