“ELEGANCE TO A TEE”
Review of Gleneagles

Gleneagles
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Auchterarder
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've been fortunate to experience fine hotels, and must say that Gleneagles Hotel has very few peers. This place reeks with first-class luxury and service the moment you stroll through its elegant lobby. The check-in area is relatively small compared to large hotels, but you get the impression that the staff was waiting just for you and willing to please. My accommodations were in a "standard room" that would be equal to a rambling suite in many top tier hotels. It was really very comfortable, even though I found that the bed rested on small wheels. The bathroom was big enough to jog in, and there was a classy old-fashioned bathtub that could probably fit 2 regular-sized people. The TV channels were what you normally see in the United Kingdom.

The 3 restaurants are very nice and cater to casual to fine dining. Great food too! The only down side of my trip was that it occured in February and, therefore, it was typical Scotland weather - cold, windy, and wet. However, if you have time, there's a lot of good site-seeing available in the Highlands, Edinburgh, nearby Glasgow and, of course, castles are all over the place. The game of golf was invented in the Gleneagles area, and there are numerous golf courses to cater to your best game. For you movie fans, the true story of "Braveheart" happened just a few minutes ride from the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
TheGleneaglesHotel, Front Office Manager at Gleneagles, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Sincere thanks for a great review - I'm delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and were able to enjoy some sightseeing (despite the vagaries of the Scottish winter weather!) I'm also pleased to read your kind words about our staff - it's always nice to be able to share good feedback like this with our team.

I hope we'll have the chance to welcome you back to Perthshire soon.

Front of House Manager

There are newer reviews for Gleneagles

Reviewed March 15, 2013

As a reasonably regular visitor to Gleneagles, a recent visit has once again confirmed my belief that it is one of the best hotels in Scotland, if not simply the best.

It continues to deliver a quality experience in an understated and very professional manner, and whilst it is at the top end of cost range, it still provides value for money, which after all, is the one consistent measure that can be applied across all types of hotel.

The staff are very well trained, friendly and knowledgeable too and everything that is asked of them is undertaken consummately and professionally.

Very highly recommended.

Room Tip: Spend as much as you can on the grade of room: you will not be disappointed
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to leave this great review, and for your kind comments about the staff. I'm glad Gleneagles continues to live up to expectations, and I hope we'll have the pleasure of welcoming you back for another stay very soon.

With best wishes,

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I'd recommend Gleneagles as a proper place for business trips and after conference relax time site. A nice family place as well though.
A vast outside territory and fantastic landscapes. Worth the price :)

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your recommendation - I'm gald you enjoyed your time at Gleneagles, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed at Gleneagles Hotel as part of our wedding anniversary treat (since we live in Perth Australia, we find it cute to celebrate it in Perth, Scotland!) and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. My husband played at the golf course and I had spa treatment. Everyone was so friendly and attentive and made us feel welcome. To be honest we could've stayed all day in bed, it's probably one of the most comfortable beds we've had! I spent half day walking around the estate taking pictures of the beautiful surrounding, and wish I had stayed longer than just for the weekend. The food at 2-Michelin star Andrew Fairlie restaurant was beyond excellent, and although they made a mistake by saying there's no fish on the cheese sticks on the nibbles (there's anchovies in it and my seafood-allergic husband had to spit it out), everything else was very great and the service was impeccable. Definitely, definitely recommended!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FinallyWoken

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this great review. I'm glad you had a marvellous anniversary - especially after making such a long trip to get here!

I hope we'll have the chance to welcome you both back soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Enjoyed a fantastic stay on 4th and 5th March 2013. Were upgraded to a gorgeous spacious new room in the modern Braids part of the hotel, room 539. Super king bed, sofa and chair, own fire, great bathroom with big shower and roll top bath. Breakfast has everything you could possibly imagine and was a lovely, leisurely experience. Special mention to our very attentive waiter Vinay, extremely helpful and made us feel very much 'at home'. Housekeeping excellent. The gardens and grounds are immaculate. Construction work is currently being undertaken in preparation for the Ryder Cup, so the outdoor swimming pool and spa area is out of bounds. The lengths pool and 1 steam room and sauna are still available to use, although you will hear some construction noise when relaxing by the pool. We had afternoon tea in the hotel, lunch at the Dormy clubhouse and dinner in Deseo, which were all great. All hotel staff were excellent, helpful and extremely welcoming from start to finish. Highly recommended for a relaxing break away from it all!

Room Tip: Recommend the Braid rooms
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for a great review - I am glad to read that you had a wonderful, relaxing stay with us, and will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the team. I hope we'll have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary with a night at Gleneagles and a meal in Andrew Fairlie's restaurant. Everything was exceptional. The staff at the hotel are fabulous, the room was beautiful and they even laid on a couple of complimentary gifts as it was our anniversary. The meal was historic! A truly amazing culinary experience with the best service ever. Breakfast, despite a fire alarm, kept up the 5 star standard with all food removed and replaced with total ease when we returned to our tables. The staff dealt with everything seamlessly and with exceptional grace despite the interruption. If there was a 6th star I would give it to this wonderful hotel and we will be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aylab

Dear Guest,

I'm delighted that we could be part of your special celebration, and that you had a wonderful stay. Thanks for your kind comments about Gleneagles - I hope that we'll have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed here for my mum's 70th birthday this week. We booked 2 suites, had dinner at Andrew Fairlie restaurant and the following day had afternoon tea. From the minute we arrived, we were welcomed and look after like royalty but it was not stuffy at all. Just great standards and lovely staff. My mum loved it and while not cheap it was great value for money. Well worth a visit if you want somewhere in Scotland that does luxury in a friendly manner.

Room Tip: When you book ask if they have any offers as they will try to accommodate outwith busiest seasons. W...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Angela,

I hope that your mother had a wonderful birthday - I'm glad that you both enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Front of House Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Auchterarder
CLC Duchally Country Estate
#1 of 2 in Stanley
Dunkeld House Hotel
Dunkeld House Hotel
#3 of 3 in Dunkeld

Been to Gleneagles? Share your experiences!