I stayed here for one night with my wife. We paid £225 for a standard room, including breakfast and use of the leisure facilties. We ate at Andrew fairley's restaurant and I have written a separate review of that experience.
Overall gleneagles was excellent - the hotel is very nice inside, and reminded us quite a lot of the Waldorf in New York with what looked like pre- war grandeur. There was only one niggle that put us on a bit of a downer to start. When we arrived we walked into a large corporate group at reception who were all dressed up. We walked in with our casual gear on and we got the 'head to toe' inspection from at least one judgemental member of staff. Nothing was said, but it was unnecessary and didn't start the night on a positive note.
Having said that, we then found all staff to be very pleasant and helpful. Most were genuinely friendly, although a few must have been to an American school of customer service where you get the feeling they are never really involved in the conversation, just going through the motions.
The leisure facilities were excellent, and the member of staff on the desk was very friendly and explained all the facilities to us when we told her we had never been before. Breakfast was good, but maybe not as great as some other reviews suggest. We have friends that regularly drive 20+ minutes for breakfast here, but we didn't think it was quite that good. Having said that I came out feeling well fed and ready to start the day. The room was fine, and had apparently just been refurbished. We didn't spend much time there other than to sleep. The bar was fine, although the hotel was fairly empty so the atmosphere wasn't great.
We will definitely be going back, and next time I think we will book in for something else during the day eg falconry to give us an excuse to hang around this excellent resort for a while longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An iconic country estate set beneath the beautiful Ochil Hills, The Gleneagles Hotel has been a luxury destination for nearly a century. Located just one hour from Glasgow and Edinburgh airports and with its own railway station, Gleneagles offers the perfect retreat for those looking for relaxation, fun and adventure. Three championship courses have established Gleneagles' reputation as a golfer's paradise but the hotel offers so much more than golf. The 850-acre estate epitomises the rugged natural beauty for which Scotland is famed and offers guests a glorious playground of country pursuits and activities. Whether you come to fly a Harris' Hawk, ride horses, play tennis, go off-roading, train gundogs, shoot game, fish, enjoy Michelin-starred dining, or relax in an award-winning spa, Gleneagles offers a world of unforgettable experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gleneagles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gleneagles Hotel Auchterarder
- Gleneagles Resort Auchterarder
- Gleneagles Hotel Scotland
- Gleneagles Auchterarder, Scotland