“Get a buggy / cart when playing at the PGA Centenary Course”

Gleneagles - King's, Queen's, Wee and PGA Centenary Courses
More attraction details
Owner description: Beautiful golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus.
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was our second golf trip to Scotland. Family were telling us to head to Gleneagles, play an inland course. We (easily) booked online to play the PGA Centenary course, site of 2014 Ryder Cup. Jack Nicklaus design. I love Scotland golf, I love walking the course. This is the one time I wished for a an electric cart (buggy), they do have them for rent. This was the longest round we had all week - 5 hours. Lots of up and down and gaps between holes. We played with two wonderful locals and the time went by "fast", but this wasn't ideal. The course is beautiful. I will enjoy seeing it again on TV next year. Other locals recommend playing the King's or Queen's course, which I will do on next trip. Get a drink / lunch at the clubhouse when done. But if you want to watch any golf match on TV, there are not many TVs around to view.
I have to add, the restrooms are on the 11th tee. This is the nicest (ladies) bathroom I have ever seen of a golf course, surprise it was in Scotland, where bathrooms are not always available. My husband said the same thing...

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have played all three courses at Gleneagles and always have a great time. The resort is very well run and the service is great. Recommend a visit.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I understand that the Centenary Course is in high demand because of both British Open and soon the Rider Cup play, but it took us six hours to play 18 holes. That is ridiculous. The hotel had several bus loads of tourists from Italy and they had put way more golfers on the course than was appropriate. We often waited 15 minutes or more between shots and it got to be painful as we watched folks who apparently had never played before chase balls in every direction. We flew 4,650 miles to experience a special event in our lives and were sorely disappointed. Regardless of how short their golf season is, Gleneagles should exercise enough restraint to assure every golfer a great experience versus piling players onto the courses in their quest for more money. Shame on you.

TheGleneaglesHotel, Manager at Gleneagles - King's, Queen's, Wee and PGA Centenary Courses, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

While I am truly sorry that your recent experience on the PGA Centenary course was of such a disappointing nature, I still wanted to thank you for allowing us to address your concerns.

This matter has been brought to the attention of our Head Golf Professional, Andrew Jowett, who has asked me to extend his personal and profoundest apologies for a pace of play that was certainly below what we would consider acceptable. We would also like to reassure you that overall experience still is of paramount priority for us. Andrew can be contacted directly on andrew.jowett@gleneagles.com and he would very much welcome the opportunity to personally discuss this with you in more detail.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback and we do hope that this issue will not prevent you from visiting Gleneagles in the future.

With Best Regards,

Andreas Porias
Front of House Manager

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We played the Centenary course at Gleneagles which is to be the site of the 2014 Ryder Cup matches. The course was not in the greatest shape so we were given a 20% discount on the green fees. The layout is okay but if they are to host the Ryder Cup next year they have a lot of work to do. I must say, however, the staff at Gleneagles were really hospitable and helpful--first class.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Played the PGA &Kings courses. Had a caddy for each round & they were both fantastic! Very knowledgeable & helpful. Each course is different with the PGA being longer & wider. The Kings course has 18 totally different holes. All of the people associated with the resort were very cheerful & helpful.

Travelers who viewed Gleneagles - King's, Queen's, Wee and PGA Centenary Courses also viewed

Auchterarder, Perth and Kinross

Been to Gleneagles - King's, Queen's, Wee and PGA Centenary Courses? Share your experiences!