“Absolute Perfection!”

Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Auchterarder
Cuisines: Scottish, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: MODERN DECOR WITH MODERN CUISINE.....ROMANTIC DINING ATMOSPHERE FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS SUITED TOWARDS COUPLES AND ENTERTAINING FRIENDS. OUR DRESS CODE IS SMART CASUAL. NO SHORTS CROCS OR TRAINERS.
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Absolute Perfection!”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I have spent a lot of my life in Auchterarder and have never really noticed Jon and Fernanda's before, but having been given a gift voucher for a meal there and experienced the food I will definately be back for a special occasion. The atmosphere was lovely, quiet but with a gentle babble of music and discussion in the backround and the lighting was just right, although as we were in at a quiet part of the evening we did feel as though we had to talk in hushed tones to avoid speaking to the whole room. My boyfriend and I both had the smoked salmon starter which was absolutely delicious and the portion was huge, I just didnt want the taste to end. For main course I had the steak which came in a very tasty sauce and the steak was cooked just how I liked it and came with a generous portion of fries and vegetables. My boyfriend had sea bass and thai noodles which he says was amazing and the best fish he's ever had. I am very partial to a dessert but just couldnt manage one because I was so full of delicious food.
Overall we really enjoyed our meal and were talking about it for ages afterwards. Would love to return although it is quite pricy so will have to be limited to a special occasion! Having said that, you won't find food of the same quality for any less elsewhere.

• Visited November 2011

“Great food, highly recommended!”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Excellent food and cost atmosphere . Jon is a great chef and fernanda a lovely host! Try the salmon or the lamb. Not to be missed if you are in scotland.

Ely, UK
“Excellent food, decor and service!”
Reviewed October 30, 2011

This restaurant was chosen solely on the basis of Tripadvisor reviews, as an alternative to eating at the Gleneagles Hotel and we were not disappointed.

It is a cosy, intimate restaurant which is comfortable and tastefully decorated. We were a party of five and the service was excellent, from the initial reservation to the settling of the bill. The staff were attentive throughout the meal, without being intrusive.

We were offered a choice of six starters, main courses and desserts which were of sufficient variety to cause considerable problems when it came to the choosing! The scallops starter (four, perfectly cooked in a butter sauce and served with a mushroom risotto) were delicious and worth every penny of the £3.25 surcharge.

The main courses ranged from slow-cooked lamb shank and rib-eye steak to sea bass and pink duck breast, served with fresh vegetables. Two vegetarian options were also available. The desserts were of the same high standard and comprised various sponge puddings, lemon tart etc and all served with vanilla ice cream.

Presentation throughout was exceptional with all three courses looking as good as they tasted. The wine menu was comprehensive and a wide selection of beers and soft drinks were also available.

In conclusion, a very good evening in comfortable surroundings with good company and excellent food. We will certainly go again next year and recommend this restaurant highly to anyone who really appreciates their food.

• Visited October 2011
JON L, Owner at Jon and Fernanda's Restaurant, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Fernanda and I would like to personally thank you for all our recent wonderful reviews....we are constantly striving to make sure that everyone enjoys their dining experience with us and it is a huge pleasure be able to read your lovely comments....again thanks and we hope to see you again soon....
Glasgow
“The food was.......exquisite!!”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

If you happen to be in this area you really must go. The food was amazing. We received a warm welcome when we came in, the service was excellent throughout.

I ordered goats cheese in filo pastry for my starter and monkfish for my main course. I couldn't fault it. The wine was also very good.

The price was very reasonable for the standard of food and service. Highly recommend it.

• Visited September 2011
Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food and atmosphere”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

good quality food, great portions, nice wine list. Comfy but cosy. Very nice staff. Good service, wish I lived closer!

• Visited September 2011