“Friendly and Relaxed.”
Review of Basset Cottage B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Auchterarder
Basset Cottage B&B
Ranked #3 of 11 Auchterarder B&B and Inns
Alyth, United Kingdom
“Friendly and Relaxed.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a night as we had vouchers to spend at gleneagles, but couldn't offered to eat there and stay the night! We were given a very warm welcome, the room was perfect, and breakfast was lovely. It was nice chatting to Bitney and her daughter, and they are clearly proud of Basset Cottage. We really enjoyed our stay and I would recommend it highly!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Georgepb1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Scotland
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed here in July for two nights. It was easy to find, plenty of on street parking, lovely welcome. Good balance of friendliness and privacy from the owner, which many establishments I’ve encountered struggle with. I stayed in the ‘Green’ room which had twin beds, it was absolutely lovely with a very large separate bathroom. Beautiful view of the garden and surrounding hills from the room, woke to birdsong. As mentioned earlier, digital tv with great reception, tea/coffee facilities, bathrobes, toiletries, hairdryer etc all provided, even a hot water bottle ;-). I will definitely return and hope to see Bitney (dog) again.

Room Tip: The green room looks out over the back of the house, over the garden rather than the main road. I wo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Evesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We received a very warm welcome from Bitney and from the very beginning of our stay the hospitality was superb. We stayed in the Blue room which was spacious and very comfortable and the breakfasts were excellent! The cottage is very easy to find, situated on the main street in Auchterarder. Parking is simple (we parked directly outside during our 3-night stay) and road noise at night is not a problem as the cottage has double glazing. I heartily endorse the previous excellent reviews for Basset Cottage and above all Britney's hospitality and friendly welcome. Should we visit the area again, this is the place we would turn to first.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
kilmarnock
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We found the cottage easily on the High Street, and received a warm and friendly welcome from Bitney and her lovely wee doggy. We were shown to the blue room which was spacious, pristine and tastefully decorated. The ensuite with power shower was most welcome after our long journey.

A wander along the high street revealed many interesting independent shops and the Indian restaurant (on Bitney's recommendation) surpassed our expectations.

We spent a comfortable and quiet night and awoke to a late breakfast as arranged previously. Breakfast was perfectly pitched, and catered for us discerning veggies!

A most enjoyable stay, everything was perfect and we will not hesitate to return!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Arrived at Bassett Cottage last week at the end of a demanding week of guiding to a very warm welcome from Bitney and family - this B&B is very good. Lovely ensuite rooms - good wifi - great scrambled eggs. On main street but double glazing means a peaceful sleep plus there easy on-street parking and it is easy to find too!. The shower was truly the very best I have come across on my travels - and I have been guiding and travelling all over Scotland for 19 years! These things make such a difference. But most of all, Bitney gives you such a warm welcome - she is so hospitable and welcoming. Nothing is too much trouble. Bitney - you are the gold-standard - you run a business the way B&Bs ought to be!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have stayed several times at Basset cottage and have always had an excellent stay. I think I have slept in every room (!) and they are all clean and comfortable. I agree with a previous review that some hotels and guest houses have horrible tv reception - but full digital tv in each room at Basset cottage is a big plus for the solo traveller like me. Bitney is always very welcoming, and the breakfasts are great! I have had the full Scottish here but I can heartily vouch for the porridge. The best I have ever tasted.
Basset Cottage is so easy to get to and I never have a problem with parking - with a LWB Merc Sprinter thats saying something!
No doubt I will be seeing you soon Bitney.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here when we were attending a dinner at Gleneagles Hotel. The owner arranged a taxi for us.Our room was clean and the bathroom was large and airy and immaculately kept.
We had breakfast served to us in a separate dining room.It was freshly cooked.Very good value.

Room Tip: the blue room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auchterarder
CLC Duchally Country Estate
#1 of 3 in Auchterarder
Smiddy Haugh Hotel
Smiddy Haugh Hotel
#1 of 1 in Aberuthven

Been to Basset Cottage B&B? Share your experiences!