“very welcoming and super service”
Review of Basset Cottage B&B

Basset Cottage B&B
Ranked #3 of 11 Auchterarder B&B and Inns
kilmarnock
“very welcoming and super service”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We found the cottage easily on the High Street, and received a warm and friendly welcome from Bitney and her lovely wee doggy. We were shown to the blue room which was spacious, pristine and tastefully decorated. The ensuite with power shower was most welcome after our long journey.

A wander along the high street revealed many interesting independent shops and the Indian restaurant (on Bitney's recommendation) surpassed our expectations.

We spent a comfortable and quiet night and awoke to a late breakfast as arranged previously. Breakfast was perfectly pitched, and catered for us discerning veggies!

A most enjoyable stay, everything was perfect and we will not hesitate to return!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Arrived at Bassett Cottage last week at the end of a demanding week of guiding to a very warm welcome from Bitney and family - this B&B is very good. Lovely ensuite rooms - good wifi - great scrambled eggs. On main street but double glazing means a peaceful sleep plus there easy on-street parking and it is easy to find too!. The shower was truly the very best I have come across on my travels - and I have been guiding and travelling all over Scotland for 19 years! These things make such a difference. But most of all, Bitney gives you such a warm welcome - she is so hospitable and welcoming. Nothing is too much trouble. Bitney - you are the gold-standard - you run a business the way B&Bs ought to be!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have stayed several times at Basset cottage and have always had an excellent stay. I think I have slept in every room (!) and they are all clean and comfortable. I agree with a previous review that some hotels and guest houses have horrible tv reception - but full digital tv in each room at Basset cottage is a big plus for the solo traveller like me. Bitney is always very welcoming, and the breakfasts are great! I have had the full Scottish here but I can heartily vouch for the porridge. The best I have ever tasted.
Basset Cottage is so easy to get to and I never have a problem with parking - with a LWB Merc Sprinter thats saying something!
No doubt I will be seeing you soon Bitney.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here when we were attending a dinner at Gleneagles Hotel. The owner arranged a taxi for us.Our room was clean and the bathroom was large and airy and immaculately kept.
We had breakfast served to us in a separate dining room.It was freshly cooked.Very good value.

Room Tip: the blue room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Australia
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Sorry for late review, stayed here to work at Gleneagle September 2012. Everything was wonderful and the owner could not be more helpful. Even ironed my chefs jacket! Thank you so much for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I admit I've never been to a B&B before. So when I was sent to Gleneagles through my work for a course, I was apprehensive.
When I arrived I was very warmly welcomed by owner Bitany, Millie and their (adorable!) Jack Russell.
For breakfast there is so much choice! She'll ask you when you'd like your breakfast, and what you'd like.
Note: if you're vegetarian (like I am), dont fret. There's plenty choice! From veggie sausages to toast to assorted cereals. A full English to just some toast, just let Bitany know.
I stayed in the green room. It was clean, comfortable, and because it was a rather cold night they'd put on the heating so It was cozy and warm (bless them!)

The room comes with a kettle and such for tea, hair dryer, plenty storage space and your personal bathroom. There's also an iron available if your clothes got a batter during travelling.

It was sad to leave but if I'm ever in the area again this b&b is my first choice!
Thank you Bitany for making my stay so enjoyable! Xx

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Cbooth92
yorkshire
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed here on a work visit. The owner is extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are beautifully made up and decorated. It's a small building but the rooms are a generous size. En suite is large in the blue room.
I'd thoroughly recommend this to anyone exploring the Gleneagles area.

Room Tip: The Blue room is very good.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auchterarder
CLC Duchally Country Estate
Glendevon Hotel
Glendevon Hotel
#9 of 11 in Auchterarder
Middleton House Bed & Beakfast

Been to Basset Cottage B&B? Share your experiences!