“Elegant dinner”

Ranked #5 of 31 Restaurants in Auchterarder
Cuisines: French, Scottish
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Strathearn, the glamorous heart of Gleneagles, is one of Scotland's most sophisticated yet buzzy destination restaurants, recreating the elegance of a bygone era with a theatrical flourish. Silver butler trays are whisked with calm confidence between the grand pillars to your candlelit table, filling the air with the scent of flambéd cognac, whisky, pernod or sweet, caramelised Grand Marnier. Steeped in a rich Franco-Scottish tradition, our passionate chefs bring seasonal, locally sourced classics (the names Thermidor, Bonne Femme, Diane, Wellington, Chateaubriand, crêpe Suzette, and, of course, Scottish smoked salmon echo down the ages) to a smart, convivial contemporary audience. The Strathearn is also the home of the legendary Gleneagles breakfast and Sunday lunch.
Reviewed September 29, 2013

food excellent, service a bit slow between courses w large groups. Presentation ready for photo shoot!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Dined here recently and chose the Strathearn over Andrew Fairlies and have to admit we got it right - I think the quality & experience would be hard to beat and really liked the atmosphere and service - wines were probably way over priced versus other restaurants but that was not unexpected given the status of the hotel

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stay at the hotel about twice a year and always eat at least one night at the wonderful Strathearn restaurant. My visited in May 2013 for my birthday and had a fabulous meal.

Our second visit this year in July 2013 coincided with a change in menu and I believe we dined on only the second night of the change. I can honestly say that this was the nicest meals we have had over the 4 -5 years we have been coming.

We decided to take the 4 course menu for £70pp and it was honestly to die for! Every course was perfectly executed and served with an appropriate gap between. As always the service was second to none.

We had dined at Andrew Fairlie the night before and to be perfectly honest although the de gustation menu was lovely we would have preferred another meal at the Strathearn! The new menu had so many delicious additions to the one from our stay in May I would have liked to have tried all of them!

Looking forward to our next visit already and hope the menu is just as varied!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Classic dining experience. Makes you feel like you've entered an Agatha Christie novel and Hercule Poirot will be at the adjoining table. Delicious food without ever being pretentious or fussy, and the service is second to none.

1  Thank Rory C
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Ok, I am a total sucker for afternoon tea.
I am an even bigger sucker when there's a good deal for afternoon tea on voucher code websites - you know the kind 'itison', 'groupon', 'living social',,,half price cake! Winner.

Afternoon Tea at Gleneagles has never been on a voucher code website (that I have seen anyway!), so I was a bit apprehensive at paying full whack for some sarnies and cake. But I really wanted to try it. I'd heard so many great things about it, and it does market itself as a bit of luxury. So when it was Mother's birthday, it seemed like the perfect time to take the plunge.

I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED!!!

This is not afternoon tea. This is a full on experience. Three hours! Three hours of tray after tray after delicious tray! Amouse bouche of hot salmon, three tiers of savoury delicacies, fresh hot scones and finally a triple decker of sweet treats with oodles of tea and coffee to wash it down with. Flaming Nora, I was in foodie heaven! I even got a 'doggie bag' for the husband who unfortunately had to slog away at work whilst I was stuffing my wee face.

The service is out of this world - classy but friendly - and the surroundings? Can I just move in?!

This is perfect as a present for a special someone, as a celebration treat or heck, just to say that life is too short to waste on rubbish afternoon teas! Amazing!

4  Thank louisesinc