“Tasty experience”

Chillies
Ranked #5 of 32 Restaurants in Aberfeldy
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Good food from a choice menu which captures all the flavours of the Indian subcontinent, that's the signature of the 'Chillies' in the heart of the Scottish Highlands in Aberfeldy. Our restaurant _ tastefully decorated in a contemporary style _ presents award-winning cuisine in comfortable surroundings and a relaxing atmosphere. Our varied menu is sure to satisfy all tastes and our comprehensive wine & drinks list complements the dishes perfectly. Our masterchef and his highly-skilled team prepares mouthwatering delicacies to appreciate, from Bangladesh and India and 'beyond', using only the best produce and the finest ingredients.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We have visited Aberfeldy a number of times but have not managed to get a table here - always really busy as it is very small. Were pleased when visiting last week to get the last table for two - a little squashed as they had a large party in - not a problem though as it added to the convivial atmosphere!
Mixed starters for two were tasty and obviously freshly cooked - I thought the batter was quite light and flavours hit the spot. I had half tandoori chicken - well cooked though did not come with salad as it was supposed to. My husbands Kashmiri lamb was really good and came with a cooling fruit curry which was delicious. Pilau rice was aromatic and did not have the bright yellow colour it does in many other restaurants - complemented the mains well.
Drinks - 500ml Cobra and 175 ml Sauvingnon Blanc.
Waiters very friendly even though they were a little harassed! and service was good if a little eccentric at times!
Total bill with tip £36. Very good value for a very well enjoyed meal. Would reccomend and will certainly return next time we are in Aberfeldy - as long as I remember to book before well before we go!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We were having a short break in Aberfeldy and I remembered having an enjoyable meal here some years ago. I'm happy to report that they are still serving up excellent Indian food. A good choice of spicy, medium and mild dishes. I like hot curries and their King Prawn Naaga didn't disappoint.

We ate early, so the restaurant was quiet, but there were plenty of orders for takeaways while we were there. The waiter was polite and attentive and our dishes were served in good time. They also stayed hot, so we finished our main courses easily.

Drinks were fine, although they only had bottled beer. Having said that, a big bottle of Cobra is a fine addition to any curry.

I'll visit again when we go back to Aberfeldy.

1  Thank Lawrence D
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Ate here for the first time after reading good reviews, I must say we were disappointed with our starters, I had chicken pakora which was average, batter was a bit stodgy, my wife had lamb tikka which was so so as the meat was a tad chewy...but our main dishes were the best ever. I had a fantastic King Prawn Korma with coconut rice and my wife had Chicken Tikka Cashew they were to die for, can,t wait to go back. Service was good although when busy staff seem a bit rushed.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband and i visited Aberfeldy for a weekend break. We both like Indian food so decided to give Chillies a try, we did find it a little hard to find but drove up and down the main street a few times till be finally spotted it. When we arrived we were the only customers but this didn't put us of at all. We were shown to our seats and given a little pre dinner snack while we looked over the menu. The staff were very helpful and extremely smiley and friendly. The starters came with a selection of dips and dressings instead of just one which was fab as we got to try things we usually wouldn't ask for. Our food was absolutely delicious, i am not big on rice but always order the mushroom rice to accompany my indian. I could have eaten the whole bowl of rice on it's own without the curry, it was soooo tasty. There were plenty different drinks on offer too. My only criticism would be that the decor was a bit dated, the atmosphere could be added to with a bit of a face lift, it felt a little dark.

1  Thank Clair D
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

ate here as a couple on Thursday 17th January 2013. we were staying at Moness resort on a groupon deal and didnt fancy the restaurants at Moness. (basically they were dead and we had spent the evening at the pool etc). saying that when we walked down the town it was also very quiet and apart from Chillies there were not many other places open for food.

anyway we tried chillies - we had a few beers before arriving so didnt get there until around 9pm. we were the only persons in the restaurant but the waiter/manager was very pleasant and was more than happy to accommodate us.

the service was excellent we were treated to samples not from the menu as a free starter and we were basically treated to specials as our mains that the manager and chef thought we would like from what we had discussed on the menu. this was a nice touch and the food was excellent.

the food came in large portions and was very reasonably priced .

I know we would not have been treated to the extras and specials if had been busier but it was a very nice touch from the manager and although we were the only people in the restaurant we had a very good time.

I would definitely recommend even for the winter mid week trip.