Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery

from $14.00
from $50.65
from $65.32
More Info
All reviews cask tasting single malt great tour connoisseur tour short film basic tour guided tour cask strength dewar family interactive museum free glass whisky making self guided whisky lover take home take away family history
Selected filters
Reviewed December 5, 2019

My boyfriend and I recently visited the distillery while on a short break in Aberfeldy. As we both work in the Whisky industry we thought it would be nice to visit a distillery we had little knowledge on. The initial welcome was warm and the visitor centre itself is beautifully done. We joined a tour about to start so were told we could get our drams at the bar afterwards which suited us fine. The trouble started once the tour began. The information provided was inaccurate... especially on the maltings process and most worryingly in the still house where we were told methanol is distilled off and removed as an impurity. I'm sure few people on the tour noticed but as the experience is sold as the 'Dewar's World of Whisky' I would expect far better.
A redeeming feature of the tour was the driver's kits available on request and we enjoyed the Whisky and Ginger later in the evening!

Date of experience: November 2019
DewarsAberfeldy, Manager at Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2019

Thank you for visiting Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery and taking the time to write a review, we’re pleased you enjoyed your whisky from the driver’s pack later on that day.
As regards the tour, we'd really appreciate it if you could drop an email to us at AberfeldyDistillery@Dewars.com with details of the time and date of your visit and relating it to this review, so that we can look into this further with the team. Many thanks.

Reviewed November 25, 2019

Over the years I have visited many distilleries in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland - but not for a considerable period. The difference is that one now pays for the experience! However, if this Aberfeldy distillery is anything to go by, the payment is worthwhile. Periodically I stay with a friend in Aberfeldy and I suggested that during a future visit we visit the distillery we frequently passed. During my recent visit, it rained. We booked in for the 12.15am tour and arrived as recommended at 11.30pm so we could see the film and visit the interactive museum. We followed the recommendation, but could have done with more time..

The tour was very interesting. Upon reflection, I had mostly been to single malt distilleries, so it was fascinating to visit a blend distillery. When we visited the area when all the casks of whiskies blended to produce the Aberfeldy blend, In addition to the basic tour, the distillery had three additional tours for connoisseurs.

We had thought about lunching at the café, but we found what was on offer lacked appeal. We went out elsewhere for lunch. This is the only area where we thought change was required. Thoroughly recommended - a lunch venue excluded,

Reviewed November 24, 2019 via mobile

We had a tour with George, I think, a lovely man with great humor and an even greater mustache, very interesting and tasty, I would definitely recommend it!

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed November 21, 2019

Very informative. Great museum with family history and interactive I-pad. George was a great guide and the gentleman who poured our taste added to the experience.

Date of experience: November 2019
DewarsAberfeldy, Manager at Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2019

We're delighted you enjoyed your visit - thank you for your review.

Reviewed November 17, 2019 via mobile

We really enjoyed our visit to Dewar's distillery in Aberfeldy (I was especially excited as I love whisky and have never been to a distillery before, not too sure my wife was as happy getting dragged along). However, she was pleasantly surprised how interesting it was and we learnt a lot about the history of the Dewar family. Our tour guide Adam was also very welcoming and gave a great tour with plenty of interesting information! Great to also get a couple of bottles of whisky at a discounted rate after the tour! Will be back in again if passing by the place in the future!

Date of experience: November 2019

We're so pleased that you enjoyed your visit and that your wife was pleasantly surprised too, we're delighted to have been your first distillery to visit and we look forward to welcoming you back if you do make a return visit in the future. Thank you for your review.