TripAdvisor

from $13.79
More Info
from $49.92
More Info
All reviews cask tasting single malt great tour connoisseur tour short film basic tour guided tour cask strength dewar family whisky drinkers free glass whisky making interactive museum self guided take home take away family history
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

You come upon this distillery in the middle of nowhere. Very well organized with large car parks. You can tour the distillery or just enjoy tasting or eating in the nice restaurant. Very professional.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We didn’t do the tour because the kids would be bored senseless.
We had some food and a drink in the cafe.
The food was great, the cakes were outstanding.
The staff are sooo friendly. Couldn’t do enough for you.
I had a wee taster for my mates Christmas present, and settled on a nice 12 year old Aberfeldy single malt.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We visted the Dewars Distillery today for a tour. As both of our children are under 12 they got in for free, with my husband and I. By being able to use a coupon in a Safari Pass booklet, I also managed to do the main tour for free, meaning that we only paid £10.50 for all of us to visit, which was excellent, and it also included a free tasting at the end for both of us adults.

Being tee total didnt make a bit of difference, because the history of the site and the Dewars family was very interesting. Children can enjoy getting hands on with the museum side of things as there are loads of things to see and do. The layout of the museum was spectacular and it contained beautiful posters, photos, ledgers,bottles and artefacts about the history of Dewars.

The actual tour was great, just the right length of time. Our guide Adam knew so much about the distillery and was friendly to all. It was great seeing all the different rooms and stages of the process. The kids loved seeing huge machinery and stills.

People who have paid for a tour get discounts with their addmission tickets in the shop on site. I was able to purchase a litre bottle of White Label for £20 which was an excellent price.

As a non drinker I was very pleased to hear the bar tender that anyone driving could take their wee dram home in a gift pack. This included a miniture bottle, a can of ginger ale and a lime, as well as the recipe for the highball drink. This was excellent as it meant that my husband could have this when we got back home, rather than having to drink his free taster (and then mine as well!).
Another point to note is that you are also given a choice of which whisky you would like to try. My husband chose the 12 year, which he said was lovely and smooth.

There is a cafe on site, and although we only brought a cola for our daughter staff were friendly and kibd. The toilets were also very clean and tidy.

I would recommend this tour to anyone visiting the aream. From the outside you can see that everything is well kept. Staff were helpful and kind throughout, helping people, giving advice etc. It was a lovely visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We took the Dewar's Aberfeldy tour and tasting on our first day in Scotland. What a way to end the day! Got to talking with the staff since it was the end of their work day - could not have been more helpful or any friendlier!!! We did not realize that Aberfeldy was the base for all the Dewar"s whiskies. We had a GREAT tasting with a cheese board and purchased a few bottles. We started walking back to our B&B when on of their seasonal workers offered to drive us back. This gentleman went out of his way for 2 Americans and we really appreciated it. Both my husband and I recommend rehiring him. Alice & Jim

Date of experience: September 2019
DewarsAberfeldy, Manager at Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We're delighted you enjoyed your visit - thank you for your review.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a brilliant time on the distillery tour. The guide was informative and interesting, happily answering any questions which were put to him. The museum section was excellent and interactive which our kids really enjoyed. The whiskey was delicious and that’s from someone who doesn’t drink it! The staff were so friendly and it’s great value for money. We would highly recommend visiting Dewer’s Aberfeldy Distillery.