Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Aberfeldy
from $52.40
from $13.75
from $56.33
More Info
All reviews cask tasting single malt great tour connoisseur tour guided tour short film basic tour cask strength dewar family scotch whisky free glass ginger ale take home whisky making interactive museum self guided take away
Reviewed December 10, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic visit to Dewars. Adam was a very informative, friendly tour guide. Lovely location with loads of history. Highly recommend.

Date of experience: December 2018
DewarsAberfeldy, Manager at Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We're really pleased you enjoyed your tour with Adam and would recommend - thank you for your review.

Reviewed December 9, 2018

Was taken around by George on the weekend- great depth of knowledge about the Dewars brand but also the distillery. Cafe nice too. Went on a day when Munro bagging not weather appropriate- great way to spend the afternoon!

Date of experience: December 2018

We're so pleased you enjoyed your visit and your tour with George - thank you for your review, we'll share your lovely feedback with the whole team.

Reviewed December 6, 2018 via mobile

The grounds are beautiful and the route is light-hearted and full of fun facts. A good brief distraction in Aberfeldy when you pass through

Date of experience: December 2018
DewarsAberfeldy, Manager at Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2018

Thank you for your review - we're really pleased you enjoyed your visit with us.

Reviewed December 1, 2018 via mobile

We have visited many distilleries in the past but this one of the best. Very informative and pleasant staff. The museum is a great touch and the tour was great, our tour guide Richard was a mind of information. Thanks for a great visit.

Date of experience: December 2018
DewarsAberfeldy, Manager at Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2018

Thank you Nick for your review - we're so pleased you enjoyed your visit and we will make sure that your feedback is shared with the whole team.

Reviewed November 26, 2018

I am disappointed in myself that it has taken me this long to post a review of this amazing distillery. I cannot express to you how unique the experience is here compared to other distilleries in Scotland. These folks really step up the tour game. No other distillery that we visited even came close to the level of service and passion for whiskey we found here.

Before I go into detail about the specific tour that we did I want to take a moment to recognize the level of effort that everyone goes to here to make sure you are comfortable. Every minute of our time here was perfect. The food is great, the cocktails are great, and they have scotch that you cannot buy anywhere else but there. The grounds are gorgeous - incredibly peaceful. We went to 4 other distilleries while we were in Scotland and none of them came close to having the same atmosphere or service. Every person we talked to while there was very knowledgeable about their whiskey - able to describe the keynote flavors of each and why each one is special.

Alright now on to our tour:
As background we did the Blender's Tour. This is a tour where you get to go into the special lab and blend your own scotch. The tour starts in an intimate theater seating with tiered seating. It plays a very informative video of their history and some interesting facts. After the movie, you get to walk through their interactive museum. This museum is NEAT! They give you an iPad to walk around with and you can scan codes around the room and it will give you additional information about what you are looking at. We could have spent hours in there. Once our guide was ready to take us out they called us to the front and we started the regular "how we make whiskey tour". This tour was great, we got to see the different stages of whiskey making and how the process has changed over the decades. We learned what the "angels share" meant. And we got to sample a super special cask of one of the most delicious whiskey's. Yum!

After that we were led into the lab to start the special blenders tour portion. The stars aligned for us that day and we had the whole room to ourselves - plus our whiskey expert. He explained how the master blenders operate and that what we would be doing was similar but at a much lower scale. I did not realize that master blenders are usually surrounded with 100's of bottles of whiskey to make the perfect blend. They told us that each master blender chooses an apprentice that they see promise in early on so that they learn the craft and trade long before the master blender retires. They currently have their first female master blender - and she is super talented!

They explain how to go about blending your own whiskey which I won't go into detail on - because that would spoil the fun. It is extremely informative and they give you all the time you need to create something that tastes amazing to you. While you are blending they are able to answer any questions that you may have. Once you are done you get to name your whiskey blend and it gets recorded in their official book with an official log entry. The great thing is you get to keep the notes that you took that identify the amount of each whiskey you added to create your perfect blend.

Our blenders tour leader was Ross. THIS IS A HUGE SHOT OUT TO ROSS. He is passionate about his craft and a pleasure to be with. We learned a lot from him and I highly recommend anyone to take a tour from him. If Dewar's read's this - we would like you to know that Ross made our visit here the best part of our honeymoon (and that is saying something because my husband went to Scotland calling Scotch "Oak Juice") and I hope he gets recognized for it.

If you are on the fence about going here - just do it. You won't regret it. I cannot say enough about how magical this place is. There were a couple of gentlemen in suits there working on laptops - and no one was manning the bar because there were a lot of folks being served in the cafe. The waitstaff said they would come make me a drink as soon as they were able - but one of the men in the suits actually rolled up his sleeves and made me a cocktail himself. :) Everyone wants you to enjoy your time here and share in their pride and joy.

I also really love that they sell whiskey on site that you cannot buy anywhere else. It makes a great souvenir. It just isn't the same buying whiskey you can come home and get at Bevmo. And when we run out? Well.. I guess we will just have to go back!

I hope this helps folks who are interested in visiting this amazing place. I would give them 10 stars if I could.

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank 802deseraem
DewarsAberfeldy, Manager at Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2018

Thank you very much for your review - we are delighted with your feedback and would like to assure you that it has been shared with the whole team, in particular with Ross. Your comments on the service you received and how you felt whilst visiting us are very much appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to describe your visit but not to spoil it for other visitors, this gives a great flavour of what guests can expect when taking the Blender's Tour with us.

We hope to welcome you back again if you make a return visit to Aberfeldy in the future.