Moness Resort
Fortingall Hotel(Fortingall)
Fisher's Hotel(Pitlochry)
  • Breakfast included
4,016 results
All reviewsterrace barthe cottagesbedroom cottageduck pondgroupon dealself catering cottageswimming poolspa facilitiesshort breaksteam roomsuperior roommain restaurantlovely locationhot tubrelaxing breaknight staygreat facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I went with my two friends at the beginning of April. We had booked on a budget deals website and eventually found the resort (it is not well signposted if you are coming from Glasgow!!). We were pleasantly surprised by the cottage we were given. It was extremely clean and modernly decorated. It boasts a lovely pool and sauna. The restaurants however are very overpriced, in particular the bistro upstairs. Apart from nearby Aberfeldy, there isn't a whole lot to do but ideal if you are just looking to relax! Main complaint- the ducks are an absolute nuisance- you can't open your door for 2 seconds but they are trying to get in! I would go back though!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank st0rminateacup
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Hotel was in ok condition but badly needing updated. Swimming pool with sauna and steam room plus hot tub was lovely. The hotel has 3 beauty rooms in a corridor on way to pool not relaxing at all as there is no relaxation room whilst waiting on your massage. The massage was terrible no one was happy. I would have been as well getting my niece to do it as she could have rubbed my back hardwired. I asked for the massage to be a bit deeper as I didn't know what to say I felt like bursting out laughing it was a joke! Big let down which is a shame cause pool facilities and the fantastic lunch was a ten out of ten!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jules1981linlithgow
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stayed in an eaves twin room in the hotel - a very clean room and bathroom and beds with lovely soft white bedding - a good night's sleep. Towels were really white and toiletries replaced daily. Our room had a good hairdrier and bottled mineral water as well as an iron with a board, and the usual kettle, biscuits, coffee, tea and hot chocolate. When we couldn't get the flatscreen tv on, we rang reception to moan. The Receptionist said to use STV for Scotland but by the time we had, she was at the door to check it was working! The pool, sauna and steam room weren't huge but very pleasant. Breakfast food was good quality and plentiful - fresh baked croissants particularly delicious. The bacon, sausage, black pudding, mushroom, baked beans and potato cakes from the buffet were definitely hot enough and I had a really nice specially cooked eggs benedict one morning. Staff were helpful - especially at breakfast. The location is exceptional - with the "Birks of Aberfeldy" just over the road, the Tay nearby and wonderful scenery everywhere - try the Highland Safari experience....

Room Tip: We stayed in room 8 on the top floor - it has a very nice view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank angela b
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Lovely resort, nice room and excellent staff. The only down side was that when we arrived, £100 was debited from our bank card to cover any purchases made whilst staying at the resort, ie spa treatments, meals etc... I was there on a break via amazon daily deals, which was a really good saving, but we were on a budget with limited funds and didn't plan on spending too much. This deduction did not seem to be optional. There have been occasions I haven't had this amount of money in my account but was fortunate on this occasion that I did. This could have been embarrassing as there were a fair amount of guests at reception when we checked in. Upon check out, I asked when the £100 would be refunded to my account and was told "a few days". I'm not saying this policy is wrong, just a reminder to make sure you have £100 available on a card when you stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Maggsy71
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We booked this place on a internet offer as I think everyone does. The package we took was for what we thought was a Moness Hotel break. Unfortunately there is not a hotel here only a accommodation block.
We arrived at about four o'clock and had to queue for sometime in the reception building before we could book in. We where then directed outside to another building that is called the Hotel. It has three different entrances on different sides of the building and is just rooms nothing else. I am afraid it is not easy to locate your room and there are a lot of stairs involved. The reception building is were most of the facilities are including a small tired swimming pool. We tried to get a cup of tea in the cafe/lounge here but we were told by the waitress she was the only one on duty and she was very busy and running about(exact words) but she did take our order. This was norm for the service you experience here.
The breakfast in the morning was buffet style except for the eggs which you order, it took 35min to get a plate of scrambled eggs. The rest of the food was only half cooked. Not a good experience.
I suspect if you stay in the Self Catering Chalets and don't use the facilities you may have a better experience than we had.
Will not be back.