“Adorable cottage”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Aberfeldy
Albany, Oregon
“Adorable cottage”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I rented a 1 bedroom cottage for a week. It had a very spacious bedroom, a comfortable living and dining room. The kitchen was adequate and clean. The bathroom was roomy and modern with lots of hot water. The restaurant did not have a lot of choices, I only ate there once. The local bakery was lovely.
The scenery was beautiful, the people friendly and helpful, the roads were a real challenge. I'm not sure I would drive in Scotland again even though I have driven on the left side of the road before with no problems.....the driving was hard.

Room Tip: I would stay there again.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
MonessResort, Public Relations Manager at Moness Resort, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
thank you for your five star review and for all your great feedback, its great to read you enjoyed your week with us and would return despite the driving in Scotland being a slight challenge!, thank you once again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My wife and I had an overnight stay as a birthday present from one of my family. When booking we were told the ordinary rooms were not available but we could upgrade for a fee of £10. on arrival in the room we soon found
that the floor area between the bed and the bathroom had a loud 'squeak'. we asked reception for a change of room but all of the same type of rooms were fully booked and occupied. She did offer to move us to a basic room but that meant that whoever had booked into that room would be given the room with the 'squeak'. we had unpacked and it was only one night so we decided to stay in the room. The cost of this room was on a special but even so still cost around £70 for bed & breakfast which was poor value when this problem would be very easy to fix.
However, the rest of the room could not be faulted. It was super clean as was the bathroom. The food in the Terrace Bar was basic but tasty and big servings. Staff were very pleasant and I would be giving 5 stars were it not for the problem with the floor. So if you are making a booking make sure you do not get room 27 in the east wing.
( I have just clicked 'average' for value in the rating column and cannot correct it . I rate value as poor because the problem with the floor should never exist in a hotel!)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and for all your positive comments. which are great to read, however I'm sincerely sorry and disappointed to read that a 'squeak' in the floor boards distracted from a five star experience. Room 27 is a very popular room and often requested because of is large wrought iron bed and to my knowledge the floors have not been a previous concern, however, I'm sorry for your own disappointment and I have passed your comments onto our resort services manager, who will investigate your concerns. Thank you once again.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013

arrived early at the resort as we wanted to do some walking.receptionist was very helpful booked us in so all we had to do later was pick up keys. We were in hotel and it was a lovely room with everything we needed.(toiletries and tea , coffee, biscuits and water)
Loved the pool.We ate in the terrace bar and i was lovelyon second night i was looking for something light and soup was to spicy but although it was after 5pm he said he would ask the chef if he could make me a sandwich which he did!
Thanks for a lovely break.

Room Tip: we were in deluxe room which was in corner of hotel lovely and quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
What a fantastic review, thank you so much for your five star grading, its great to read you were looked after so well and I hope you have the opportunity to visit with us again soon, thank you once again
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We are just back from a two night stay here and would definitely recommend it to families with young kids. Good pool, jacuzzi, a play park on site and duck pond, the terrace bar has a kids play area where they can be seen but not heard so mealtimes are quite relaxing. The cottage was lovely and clean, staff were friendly. The only minor negatives were the sofas in the cottage were in bad condition and the pool was a bit cold, we will probably visit again.

Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your review and for all your positive feedback, its great to read you enjoyed your family break and despite a couple of minor concerns its great to read that these did not distract from the overall enjoyment of your stay and you would consider returning to Moness, thank you once again.
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Hi,

We wen firstly to the 2 bed new courtyard apartments in which one of the showers in the bathroom would not work if the other showere was on..............Strange.
The apartment was of good size although pretty cold at that time of year November even with the electric heating on. Apartment showed signs of wear and tear.
Went back again to another 2 bed one as you drive in, quieter but the apartment still was shabby in areas.
The pool was always too busy and obviously could not cope, the food was downhill the second time, area nice if you get the price good.
As a 'country resort' though not upto standard.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review, we are naturally disappointed to read your concerns. We are constantly snagging and freshening each of our cottages after a exceptionally busy season so pleased be assured we are constantly refreshing each area of the resort.
With regards to the swimming pool, this is one of our busiest areas of the resort, due to all guests enjoying this facility. We do have quieter times within this area and I apologise if you were not informed on the children's swimming times we operate to ensure all our guests utilise this to their advantage. Thank you once again and please be assured all feedback is appreciated and helps us to improve the customer experience.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I called and spoke to reservations, girl was very snippy and rude and made me feel very unwelcome. Said she would call me back as the reservation system crashed. No call back. Very poor customer service. Not a good impression at all.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Linedin
I was naturally concerned to read your comments, please accept my apologies. Whilst we were experiencing difficulties with our booking system yesterday, I'm sorry and disappointed to read that on one called you back, if you would like to make booking please contact me direct on helen.davies@moness.com. I do hope you accept our apologies and I look forward to hearing from you.
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

This is myself and my husbands 5th stay at moness - we love the area, the rooms and the friendly helpful staff - unfortunately this time we felt the food wasn't as good - we ate in the terrace bar so can't comment on the main restaurant. My husband was disappointed with his meals both nights we ate there which is a shame as we've never been disappointed before - I also witnessed a young man working in the kitchen of the terrace bar with hair down to his waist that was only casually tied back with an elastic band ! Surely basic hygiene and infection control dictates that hair that long should be well away from food under either a net or a hat !
Felt overall a bit disappointed with our stay this time and not sure we will be going back as we have done for the last 5 years

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Densoph
Thank you for your review, whilst we are delighted that this was your 5th stay with us, I was naturally concerned to read your review. I have passed a copy of your review to our food and beverage manager who will take immediate steps to address any shortcomings. We would hope that you have enjoyed previous stays you would consider these stays a truer reflection of the resort and we do hope you would consider returning, please contact me direct should you wish to do so helen.davies@moness.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberfeldy
Kenmore Hotel
#2 of 3 in Auchterarder
The Kenmore Club
The Kenmore Club
#1 of 2 in Kenmore

Been to Moness Resort? Share your experiences!