“OK stay”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Aberfeldy
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“OK stay”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed there for 3 nights with two dogs and used our voucher from Groupon.
I regret adding a dinner on first night to our groupon option- there were not enough choices on the menu (if I remember correctly three or four) and I had impression the menu was created especially for Groupon customers (there were no prices shown and it looked totally different from bar menu!).
I did not enjoy the dinner (not fresh, just heated up food) but the breakfast was excellent (basic but fresh cooked, piping hot and we didn't have to wait long).
The hotel is in the centre and it was easy to find, the room was small but clean, staff very friendly.
The only downside is the internet connection- despite asking a few times for the username and password we were unable to connect to the internet on our laptops and phones.
For majority time we were out of the hotel (there is a lot of places to visit around) and it was nice to come back to very warm and clean room (it was very cold outside and raining often).
We might come back if they have another deal on Groupon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Czech first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Spent three nights here in july on a dinner bed and breakfast basis, the meals at night were absolutly SUPERB, the breakfast on the other hand was pretty crap, the table service was COMPLETLY ABBHORRANT, and the room service very basic. The barstaff were LESS THAN CLUELESS! Never got charged the same price twice for the same drinks!!!!! But on saying that, we were informed that the hotel had been taken over by new people. The new manager(who had just started that day) seemed a nice enough guy) so heres hoping he can turn it around. DONT GO IF YOU HAVE KIDS OR ARE INFIRM(cant handle stairs)

Room Tip: go somwhere else!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scunnercampbell
Kinross, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Good location, in the centre of Aberfeldy.
Lots of stairs within the hotel leading to the guest bedrooms.
I requested a room with a shower which was no problem for the reception staff to arrange. However, it was one of the furthest away rooms. A challenge as I am recovering from surgery & temporarily using a stick. I got the impression there was only one room with a shower.
The room was a small double, fortunately I was alone!
It suited me fine but may have been too small for a couple.
The floors are very creaky, if all of the rooms near you were occupied it could make for a noisy stay!
The decor & fittings were dated.
Both the room & the small shower room were clean.
Breakfast was served from 8am to 9.30 am. I ate earlier on my second morning & the food was certainly fresher. No beans on either morning!
I used the hotel as a base, I had family staying at Moness & could not get booked in there.
I don't think I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jane N
Breadalbane A, General Manager at Breadalbane Arms, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. The hotel is an old Coaching Inn and the floors are creaky as you said but it all adds to the Character of the place. We do have other rooms with showers but on the night in question this was the only room available.
Beans are not a standard on our menu - but we have now ordered them in so we have them if a customer requires them.

Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Our party of 5 spent two nights at the Hotel. Rooms were clean and comfortable however was a little disappointed with the lack of shower and rooms lacked any personality. Breakfast on both mornings were very average.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank countrylass91
Breadalbane A, Public Relations Manager at Breadalbane Arms, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am disappointed you found our breakfast average as we pride ourselves in the food we serve. I have asked the staff to make sure that the new Breakfast Menu is used as there is something for everyone on it.
Scotland
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Was given two day get away as a retirement gift via Groupon, what a disaster. The whole place smelt of burnt cooking oil from the minute we walked in until we left one day later. We could not stay for our second day. On arrival we were given a room or should I say a box with a bath. We were given a plastic hose to use in the bath if we wanted to have a shower. We asked for a room with a shower, we were given this, to be fair this was a bigger room but the shower only had cold water coming through and that was only a dribble. The evening meal was advertised as gammon steak, salad and potatoes, I received gammon steak, peas and burnt black chips. We were asked at breakfast what we wanted to eat, never told what we could have. At reception they were burning scented candles to try and cover up the smell of the burnt oil. It states that the hotel has recently been renovated still trying to work out where this has been done. I cannot fault the staff, they are friendly and try to make your stay pleasant. Every piece of clothing we had with us has had to go directly into the wash due to the smell clinging to it. This hotel has to be avoided at all cost.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sapper102
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay - We had a problem with the extraction in the kitchen and were awaiting an engineer thankfully the problem is resolved now. The Gammon Steak is served normally with Chips and Peas on our bar menu but I understand that there was an occasion when Gammon Steak Salad and Potatoes was on the dinner menu so this is possibly where the confusion has come from.
We have had a few staffing problems but they have been resolved since your visit.
As I have written previously the hotel is slowly being renovated but this is a busy time of year and all work has been put on hold until the winter.

Travelers are raving about these Aberfeldy hotels

East Kilbride, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Weekend 2 guys up for river canyoning , I was very sad to see the quality of the accomodation ,cramped , no mattress protectors, old creaky
furniture , not the recently overhauled and refurbished rooms it promises in the leaflet, food was average . Even the band on Saturday didn't turn up . Maybe they new something .. . ..? The group who own this hotel really need to look at themselves if they want to compete in the market, the staff were pleasant ,but really need to Loki at the presentation of the rooms they expect guests to stay in. Feel sorry for staff who all appear to be leaving soon.

Room Tip: Don't choose room 8
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Breadalbane A, Public Relations Manager at Breadalbane Arms, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. As I have said in previous reviews we will be investing heavily in the hotel in the not too distant future.
The staff that have left have been replaced and the Hotel has a totally different atmosphere altogether. This and the refurbishments planned will totally transform The Hotel.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Just had a two night B&B stay at the Breadalbane courtesy of Groupon (again!). I read some of the reviews before we booked and all the important stuff was well reviewed so I knew what to expect. To all of the moaning Minnies, I have no idea what you expected from a budget hotel but this was a perfectly nice place with great staff and great breakfast. Yes, the hotel was a wee bit rustic, the room was tiny and the shower was slow but it really didn't matter. The location is lovely, made even better by the fact that the weather was glorious! We took our border collie pup (7 months old) with us for only a tenner and he had a great time too. Hours spent at Victoria Park chasing a frisbee and long country walks along with loads of attention from the other guests meant he was in his element. Only one slight negative......the set dinner menu (a tenner a head, booked in advance) was okay, but I would strongly recommend a main course from the bar menu instead as the bar food was delicious and the portions were huge.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely review. We always have special offer breaks on so just ring the hotel anytime you want to come back and I am sure we can accomodate your budget.

Mhairi Moffat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberfeldy
Moness Resort
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,184 reviews
The Townhouse Aberfeldy
The Townhouse Aberfeldy
#1 of 19 in Aberfeldy

Been to Breadalbane Arms? Share your experiences!