“A superb meal!”

The Creel Restaurant with Rooms
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2014

A superb meal: thank you! To write more is superfluous, but I have to use a minimum of one hundred characters...

Reviewed June 8, 2014

£33 for 2 courses or £40 for 3 courses and only 2 starters/mains/sweets on the menu. It's not an attractive offer to a fussy eater. I understand that the menu changes on a daily basis, on the occasion I visited I had a crab starter and a scallop main course. Both were excellent and served slightly unusual in so far as the crab came with apple mayonnaise and the scallops were served with fennel and orange segments. I'd highly recommend this place to someone who trusts that the chef will send out a quality dish even if it does sound slightly unusual on the menu.

2  Thank M1987R
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Visited here on a Wednesday night. The restaurant was busy 5 tables and we were glad we'd booked. The restaurant sits on the harbour so sea views guaranteed. The staff are welcoming and friendly the menu is simple (two choices per course) but packed with local produce and perfectly cooked and presented. To start with the bread was to die for, wholemeal sourdough made on the premises - they were also happy to share the recipe with me. For starters I had the Ronaldsay mutton which was served rare with a real taste of the sea. For main I had brisket which was finished to perfection. The dessert was rhubarb and custard tart which again was simply perfect. Service was relaxed - we were not rushed, which was great - 5 stars from me

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Not to say the service was terrible or anything, but it was average, in a place where the food is amazing. We re-arranged the timing of our trip to Orkney just so we could go to this place and booked ahead etc. Food on offer was excellent, and some of it positively inspired. However, despite making it clear at time of booking and on all follow ups that one of the diners was gluten free, this still seemed to come as a surprise to our hostess. Not much thought had gone in to making allowances for this, although she did confirm that it was written in her booking record (only as we were paying the bill). Would agree that the food was amazing, but service was nowhere near the level in Michelin starred places.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

What a place! Absolutely amazing. I have eaten here several times now and it is always absolutely fantastic. I have no idea why it doesnt have a michelin star. Its as good as any michelin star food I have eaten. Cant wait for my next visit.