“Gourmet food”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Margaret's Hope
Eastward Guest House
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Gourmet food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Our family stayed at Eastward Guest House for 3 nights and enjoyed it thoroughly! The location was ideal for accessing the mainland and Skara Brae, Ring of Brogar, Kirkwall, Italian Chapel, and Tomb of the Eagles by car. The rooms were pretty and very clean, we slept great! The real bonus is the delicious gourmet food... breakfast is plentiful and each course is amazing. Dinner is highly recommended - the meals we had at this B&B will be remembered for a long time! Superb. Highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank EmilyCWilson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Europe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

This B&B run by Keiko & Patrick is outstanding. Extremely good quality. Rooms are clean and high quality towels...a shower that provides water (sometimes rare in UK). Perfectly located close to both the passenger and the car ferries from mainland Scotland. Breakfast is high quality. The dinner to be recommended. The hospitality is top class.

Room Tip: If possible get a room with shower an suite.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank HerrEgg
Orkney, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

We went to dine at Eastwood House to experience Japanese cuisine for the first time. On arrival we were greeted by Keiko and Patrick and very quickly we were made to feel at home.
In total we were served 12 different courses and we weren't disappointed. We were treated to a culinary feast, each of which Patrick explained in terms of the ingredients and cooking methods. Each course was prepared with passion and careful attention to detail and tasted exquisite.
Thank you to Keiko and Patrick for an excellent evening and we look forward to dining with you again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank liatnip
Brixham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

What a fantastic find! Just by luck we booked into Eastward guest house...what good luck! We were warmly welcomed by Patrick and Keiko and made to feel very welcome. Patrick and Keiko had made special arrangements to cater for me (vegan) and I can honestly say I have never had such great vegan food!! A 12 course Japanese vegan dinner which was prepared with such care and attention, the quality of the food was outstanding, Patrick and Keiko have an obvious passion for good food, this really did show with the meal that I had. I was due for an early ferry the following day so following an early start to breakfast I was given a special vegan breakfast pack to take with me for after the ferry ride- again such thought and consideration to their individual guests needs. I can honestly say that this is by far the best vegan food that I have ever had, coupled with a fantastic guest house and wonderful hosts this has got to be one of my favourite places!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank charlie c
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had a wonderful stay in Orkney at the Eastward Guest House. Keiko has paid close attention to the details and the serene simplicity of the inn masks the tremendous thought that has gone into anticipating all of her guests´ needs. Everything is of the highest quality and we were frequently surprised that what we needed was found right at our fingertips. As others here have said, the food is amazing and, if you stay here, you will be welcomed like long lost friends and treated as such through the duration of your stay. The degree to which Patrick becomes a partner in one´s Orcadian adventures may not be to everyone´s taste, but if you enjoy being included in things and having innkeepers invest in making sure that you see and experience the very best that their area has to offer - this is the place for you.

Room Tip: The only thing to watch out for is that the sun rises extremely early in Orkney (3:30 am when we wer...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Landis V
Hoy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Eastward Guest House is an absolute Gem, Charlene my partner and I were welcomed by the owners Patrick and Keiko who had made specific arrangements for our stay, including holding back dinner service for our late arrival, and sending us off with a (second!!) packed breakfast due to our early start the following day. Charlene is a vegan and our hosts prepared a 12 course vegan Japanese banquet just for her (for all you veggies and vegans out there please read Charlene's review). I had the same non-vegan meal, and can say without question it was the finest dining I have experienced. The care and attention that went into creating the various dishes was simply astonishing and the quality of the food along with Patrick’s storytelling and commentary on each dish made this an evening to remember. The quality of the accommodation matched the food with a light spacious room and a well thought out guest lounge. I know that you will find lots of reviews here that rave about Eastward, but really if you get the opportunity you should visit this place, it will renew your faith that there are still hoteliers in this country that care for customer service and strive for perfection.
Nigel Ohlson

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nigel O
Franktown, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I loved Eastward Guest House!!! I stayed in a bedroom with 1 twin bed and my own bathroom. I had plenty of room, a writing desk and really enjoyed my 4 day stay.My friends and I were welcomed by Patrick and Keiko and treated like family. We were treated with 5 star service and gourmet breakfast, snack and dinner. Patrick gave us recommendations of what to see and how long it would take us to drive to many places during our stay. I can not say enough about how special that Patrick and Keiko made us feel and how welcome I felt. They really helped make our trip enjoyable.

Room Tip: I believe that you would like any room they have.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
#2 of 7 in St. Margaret's Hope
Burnside Farm
Burnside Farm
#1 of 11 in Stromness

Been to Eastward Guest House? Share your experiences!