“very special night”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Margaret's Hope
Eastward Guest House
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We have stayed at eastward house one night in may.
it was a very special night, the best in our scottish honeymoon.
Keiko and patrick (and their lovely children) was a wonderful people, very friendly, warm and welcoming.
Room was very spacious and clean,excellent
the feel in their house was warm and relaxing,
we have taken a japanese dinner (tokyo night) amazing, very fresh and good food a real banquet .(Keiko is a very great chef),and surprise 'cause we are italian Patrick give us to drink a very good italian wine a chianti.(great choice)
after dinner we have take a relaxing and interesting small talk with Patrick while we're listening a ancient japanese music, great
The guest house is only 8 minutes drive from the pentland ferry terminal very good choice for the early depart.
Our friend ( now we consider keiko and Patrick like friend) wake up at 6 in the morning to prepare us a very good scottish breakfast.
If we will return in Orkney we absolutely come back to eastward house.

Yuri and Serena

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
9  Thank tozzyfan77

Reviewed June 19, 2011

Absolutely unforgettable time we spent with Patrick and Keiko. REAL ATTENTION,PERSONAL TOUCH and &7 STARS /or MORE/ FOOD!!!!!!!!!! Very rear combination nowadays,forgotten values.They have it all.
Rooms are quite large and spotlessly clean, quite,comfortable.
Food is amazing,fresh and prepared with passion. You can feel it. BRAVO GUYS,BRAVO!
I will not go to Menu details,but have to mention Tokyo Night 12 course Dinner and Seafood starter with scallops and Seabass plate.Try it to appreciate.
Mouthwatering breakfast- usual things,but prepared and presented the way you really enjoy.
If you visiting Orkney- just stay and eat with Patrick and Keiko. You will not regrate.

Room Tip: All are very comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
13  Thank sergeystrahovka
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I spent a night here with my family and it was the highlight of out time on Orkney. We were accommodated on a last-minute booking, and service was exceptionally welcoming. I stayed in the Cherry Blossom room, which was simple, clean, and comfortable.

Dining at Eastward House was definitely a strong point.
We had the "Tokyo Nights" dinner, which was a wonderful dining experience and well worth repeating. Although standards were very throughout, the mackerel in the sashimi course was my favourite element. It was a brilliant testament to the quality of the ingredients offered.
Similarly, breakfast the next morning provided excellent offerings.

We only had time for one night here, but a week could easily be spent at this lovely retreat. As it was, it provided a convenient base to visit the Tomb of the Eagles.

Definitely worth a return visit!

• Stayed: May 2011
7  Thank aienaru
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Eastward House is a stylishly converted chapel in a beautiful location - ideally sited for exploring South Ronaldsay, the eastern side of mainland and only a few minutes from the ferry at St Margarets Hope. At this time of year the surrounding fields are alive with the sounds of breeding birds (curlews, oyster catchers etc). My room was very comfortable and I slept soundly from the first night (which is unusual for me when away from home). Patrick and Keiko made me very welcome. They are excellent hosts and accomplished cooks. I can thoroughly recommend their Tokyo Nights Banquet - delicious authentic Japanese cuisine. It is unlikely that you will find another guest house that will surpass this place. The price is an absolute bargain!! Thanks to Patrick and Keiko for enhancing my visit. I will certainly return in the future.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank AndyNE
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I found an ideal way to awaken my taste buds. Never before in my all travel around the world, have I sat and had my pallet educated by the food that was presented in front of me. Referring to the Japanese banquet called "Tokyo Nights" with eight courses of exquisite food. One big word of advise to my fellow travellers is to arrive hungry. Those looking for small portions, please look elsewhere. The hospitality like the accommodation was unsurpassed. The hosts along with their children had me feeling like royalty something that you don't find in this modern world.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Spirit_Sun_Man
Reviewed May 22, 2011

I spent a wonderful days there. In particular, Patrick n Keiko are quite kind n also their children are sooo cute. Not only that but also the meal is really tasty. I'd like to visit once again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank francefrance187147
Reviewed May 15, 2011

My wife Babs and I spent Friday the 13th of May at the Eastward Guest House.

We were treated like royalty by Patrick and Keiko from the moment were stepped inside this wonderfull guest house, The food was just fantastic, Patrick and Keiko made us feel very relaxed, this is the most chilled guest house were have ever stayed in and we have been to quite a few over the 42 years we have been married. Their two little girls were a joy to have around us, can't wait until the end of September when we are booked to have another stay, not just one night but two glorious relaxing nights.

Jim & Barbara McVean

#1 of 1 in Dounby
Karrawa Guest House
Karrawa Guest House
#2 of 26 in Kirkwall

Been to Eastward Guest House? Share your experiences!