“Lovely quaint cottage”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Wheems Cottage

Wheems Cottage entrance from terrace - Wheems farmhouse is left of pic
Wheems Cottage living room / kitchen Wheems Cottage glass sliding doors onto terrace
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Wheems Cottage living room / kitchen
Wheems Cottage glass sliding doors onto terrace
Wheems Cottage kitchen
Wheems cottage bedroom (small)
Wheems Cottage bedroom (small)
Wheems Car Park out front
Wheems Cottage (hallway taken from living room / kitchen)
Wheems Cottage living room / kitchen (taken from hallway)
Wheems Cottage bathroom (small)
Wheems Cottage bathroom (small)
Wheems Cottage hallway
East Side Beach
Wheems Organic Farm View
Wheems Cottage parking space
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Kent, United Kingdom
“Lovely quaint cottage”
Reviewed August 15, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

We loved our stay at Wheems Cottage. It felt like home from the moment we walked in. It is warm and cosy, and a brilliant place to explore Orkney from. Highly recommended

Janey I
“Good Base to explore Orkney.”
Reviewed July 16, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

Great location with beautiful views and surroundings.
Campsite area looked lovely and I liked the atmosphere of the place, very chilled. It was a good base to explore from and I liked the wee cottage as I prefer a quiet place to relax in the evening.
Key areas were all kept clean but I felt it was needing a bit of time spent sprucing it up again from looking at the website photos.
I'm sure some of my friends would love it too.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
Jul 17, 2017
Hi Janey, Many thanks for your lovely review I am glad you had a lovely time. Thanks also for helpful criticism, we do need to repaint the interior, so I have that booked in this month as I noticed it was looking like it needs it when I was in there this week.
Ruth C
“Quirky relaxing cottage, beautiful location, friendly owners”
Reviewed June 5, 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

We stayed at Wheems Cottage for six nights for our honeymoon, and we absolutely loved the place. It was very homely, more like house-sitting for your artist friend than staying in rental accommodation. Although some rooms are small, it is perfectly comfortable for two people. The cottage is attached to the main house, and there is a yurt, camping pods and campsite next to it, so there are quite a few friendly people milling about, but the cottage itself felt cosy and private. The people are really nice and helpful - both the owner who lives onsite and his daughter who lives offsite and manages the bookings. We also stayed in a camping pod for one night (because the cottage was already booked for one of the nights we wanted), which was also really good. We found South Ronaldsay a good base for exploring Orkney, despite not being on the mainland - there is a road link across causeways, and the more famous sites on the mainland are easily accessible by car. It was nice to come back to such a beautiful, quiet spot at the end of each day. Thoroughly recommended.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
Jul 19, 2017
Thanks so much for this lovely and thoughtful review! I am so glad you had a nice honeymoon that is really special and heart warming to read! Much appreciated, Islay
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing