“We Don't Think Any Blood Got On Your Food...”

Woody's Steak House
Ranked #5 of 96 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Mt. Juliet, TN
“We Don't Think Any Blood Got On Your Food...”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My wife and I had just bought a new car at a nearby dealership and decided to celebrate with a steak while waiting on the vehicle to be prepped for delivery. At first glance Woody's looked like a good choice.

There was a limited choice of premium bourbons and the bar was close enough to the dining area to be annoying, but the menu looked promising. The first problem was a chatty waitress who was so busy talking that she had to come back and ask us again for part of our order. When my salad arrived it had a different dressing than the one I ordered. Then we waited. And waited. And waited.

More than thirty minutes after our order was placed the waitress reappeared to tell us "there has been an accident in the kitchen." We thought she meant someone had dropped a tray. But no. She continued, "We don't think any blood got on your food, but we decided to fix it again just to be sure." Okayyyyy...

Twenty more minutes passed with no food and no update. Finally, more than an hour after we were seated, I left some money on the table for the salad and drinks and we returned to the dealership.

Yes, I realize that they could have brought out possibly contaminated food without telling us, but I don't think the health department would agree that should be a factor in choosing a place to eat.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank lightbreadman

Greenbrier
“Bad overpriced food”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

The service was good.The food was a trainwreck.The primerib was overseasoned,it tasted like burnt pepper woodys stuffed potato was inedible it tasted like greasy hash browns.The only bright spot was that the cheesecake was good.The decor was nasty filthy,if you look up you see dust bunnies everywhere.$80for two.I would rather eat on my bathroom floor then Woodys.

1 Thank Wareagle4
Small Point, Maine
“Average food at best, dirty restrooms, not a good value.”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

If you eat here, be sure to stay away from liquids. You do NOT want to have to pay a visit to the men's room. It was filthy, smelled HORRIBLE, and had exposed pipes and peeling linoleum. The lock on the stall is tricky so you have to touch it A LOT to get it to work. Wow. A truck stop would have been preferable. Hey, management...um, take the profits of one of the nights and REDO THE BATHROOM. Install a fan for pete's sake. We cannot report on the ladies room because we dared not risk having to get a tetanus shot after the report on the men's room. There is a Starbucks a few blocks down with a restroom, thank you very much. The grouper was very average. The rib-eye was alright. The butter is not real. The salad is mostly iceberg lettuce and a pale tomato wedge. The ranch dressing is good. The fried mushrooms were large and good texture, but a tad bland. The dipping sauce was too heavy on the horseradish.
The service was okay with a prompt or two. They refused a promotional voucher on fraudulent grounds ("we only take one per table") nowhere specified on their deal. The server said they would "see what they could do" when we stated that this was nowhere stated on any of the advertisements for the voucher. The server returned with card but never spoke of the voucher to update us, so we assumed they were sticking to their fraudulent action. If you are looking for a nice dinner, Longhorn is nearby, an Outback is down the street...or even any truck stop would be at least equal to this. If you do come here, bring rubber gloves, expect them to refuse to honor their promotions, and be prepared for average food. If you do all that, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank FunSun40
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
“Great time”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My wife and I visited Woody's Steakhouse with a Sweet Jack coupon in hand. I had a NY Strip and my wife had lemon pepper grouper. Both entree's were excellent. The onion rings appetizer was also outstanding. Service was very good. Atmosphere was also very good. Only negative I might have is the exterior of the building is dated. We will be going back.

• Visited June 2012
Goodlettsville, Tennessee, United States
“Local Restaurant worth experiencing”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Great Food, Great Service. If you are in the mood for steaks, this is your place. Local Restaurant located between Rivergate Mall area and Hendersonville. It has an intimate appeal. Also, has a very good piano bar, very friendly and fits in very well with the room.

• Visited April 2012