“Bad overpriced food” 2 of 5 bubbles

Woody's Steak House
Ranked #5 of 95 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Greenbrier
“Bad overpriced food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

The service was good.The food was a trainwreck.The primerib was overseasoned,it tasted like burnt pepper woodys stuffed potato was inedible it tasted like greasy hash browns.The only bright spot was that the cheesecake was good.The decor was nasty filthy,if you look up you see dust bunnies everywhere.$80for two.I would rather eat on my bathroom floor then Woodys.

1 Thank Wareagle4

Small Point, Maine
“Average food at best, dirty restrooms, not a good value.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

If you eat here, be sure to stay away from liquids. You do NOT want to have to pay a visit to the men's room. It was filthy, smelled HORRIBLE, and had exposed pipes and peeling linoleum. The lock on the stall is tricky so you have to touch it A LOT to get it to work. Wow. A truck stop would have been preferable. Hey, management...um, take the profits of one of the nights and REDO THE BATHROOM. Install a fan for pete's sake. We cannot report on the ladies room because we dared not risk having to get a tetanus shot after the report on the men's room. There is a Starbucks a few blocks down with a restroom, thank you very much. The grouper was very average. The rib-eye was alright. The butter is not real. The salad is mostly iceberg lettuce and a pale tomato wedge. The ranch dressing is good. The fried mushrooms were large and good texture, but a tad bland. The dipping sauce was too heavy on the horseradish.
The service was okay with a prompt or two. They refused a promotional voucher on fraudulent grounds ("we only take one per table") nowhere specified on their deal. The server said they would "see what they could do" when we stated that this was nowhere stated on any of the advertisements for the voucher. The server returned with card but never spoke of the voucher to update us, so we assumed they were sticking to their fraudulent action. If you are looking for a nice dinner, Longhorn is nearby, an Outback is down the street...or even any truck stop would be at least equal to this. If you do come here, bring rubber gloves, expect them to refuse to honor their promotions, and be prepared for average food. If you do all that, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FunSun40
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
“Great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

My wife and I visited Woody's Steakhouse with a Sweet Jack coupon in hand. I had a NY Strip and my wife had lemon pepper grouper. Both entree's were excellent. The onion rings appetizer was also outstanding. Service was very good. Atmosphere was also very good. Only negative I might have is the exterior of the building is dated. We will be going back.

• Visited June 2012
Goodlettsville, Tennessee, United States
“Local Restaurant worth experiencing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

Great Food, Great Service. If you are in the mood for steaks, this is your place. Local Restaurant located between Rivergate Mall area and Hendersonville. It has an intimate appeal. Also, has a very good piano bar, very friendly and fits in very well with the room.

• Visited April 2012
Bethpage, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“RUINED ANNIVERSARY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

I wanted to do something special for our 29 wedding anniversary! I was expecting a romantic evening with great food and atmosphere. What I got was bad service & worst food. We ordered fried mushrooms. They were great. You get a plate of the biggest fried mushrooms I have ever seen, but you get very little horseradish dipping sauce. It took me about 10 min to get our waitress. I asked for more dipping sauce. I never recieved. My husband's glass set empty for almost 20 minutes. The hostess finally came by and I asked her if she would get him some diet pepsi. There was only two other tables when we got there. after we got our mushrooms 3 more tables were set. One of them got their appetizers & dinner before we got our dinner. About 10 minutes after they got their dinner my husband stopped the waitress and asked her what was taking so long? She said she would check. She brought our food out it was cold. The baked potato would not even melt the butter & was hard. The seafood was frozen not fresh. It had no flavor! You couldn't eat the grouper at all. The crab cakes were not very good. The shrimp was just ok. The fries were greasy. My steak was good. We split it and the rolls were good. We ask for more rolls with our meal but never recieved them. I don't mind paying higher prices for great food & service, but to pay over $56 for the meal we got here was robbery. I will never return to this resturant again.

• Visited January 2012