Belsair Hotel
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 27, 2013

decided to go to Sanday at the last minute and was lucky enough to get into the Belsair. The room was nice enough, big comfy bed and tea/coffee/hot chocolate with nice chocolate biscuits. Small TV. Shower was certainly hot but a bit uncontrollable.
now to the best bit the food was excellent we ate there both nights. It was well cooked and plentiful. The folk that own it now have only been there a short time but I am sure if they keep up the standard they will do very well. I have already recommended it to locals and friends at home.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Went here on 12 August - during a day trip to Sanday. Small seating area with small bar. No staff around when we arrived, but locals eating at one table and visitors at another. Waiting a minute or two before someone came and took our order for food and drinks....then waited 45 minutes for the food to arrive! Was getting to the stage of walking out, but stuck with it as not many other options on the island. Food arrived piping hot and delicious, but as I said, if you're in a rush wouldn't be the first choice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank kats_krazi
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We decided to go into the Belsair for a drink, when we were out on a day trip. When we arrived there was one man in the bar, with a pint, we stood for at least 10 minutes & no one came through to serve us, looked for a bell or something to get staffs attention but couldn't see one! We walked out & went to the other hotel were we got served straight away.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank shosho2212
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Made very welcome with my children and parents. Toasted Sandwiches a must !!!!
Nothing was too much trouble.

Both owners are going to a lot of trouble to make this a success and I wish them all of the best on this and yes I will return !!!!!

Great location too

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Keith S
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stopped just one night as I was passing through. Rooms a little old . And a bit dusty but comfy bed..
I went for a meal but service was slow and very average to be fair.. probably give this one a miss in future. Lovely island though. Will definitely return there

• Stayed: July 2013