“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 45 John Street

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stromness
45 John Street
Ranked #9 of 11 Stromness B&B and Inns
“Wonderful”
Reviewed August 22, 2010

I had the pleasure of staying with the lovely Kay and her family for five days during a recent work trip. Nothing was too much trouble. Kay's cooking is superb and the food is always fresh and local. The rooms are spotlessly clean and fresh smelling. All this and right on the ferry port's doorstep. Forget expensive hotels. Stay with Kay! Highly recommended.

1 Thank Darkzone2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sheffield
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Stayed with Kay and her family in this lovely bed and breakfast for four nights in July this year. The room, breakfast but most importantly Kay's hospitality was second to none. She was very attentive and accommodating. Would be happy to recommend 45 John Street to the most discerning of traveller. Shame the same couldn't be said for the weather and some of the locals but that's Scotland for you!!

Keep up the good work Kay and if I ever was to venture that way again yours is the only B&B I would consider. My wife thanks you for the shortbread.....didn't last long.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
East Lothian
Reviewed June 11, 2010

Wonderful B&B in central location in Stromness. Room is clean, comfortable, warm, has everything you need. Kay, the hostess is very friendly and welcoming. I felt like I was at home! Her cooking is excellent and everything she offers for breakfast is home grown, and home made. Delicious breakfasts, and I opted for evening meals which were specially prepared to my dietary requirements, really thoughtful and tasty choices of menu using fresh local produce and very reasonably priced. I've already booked to go back again! Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Scotland
Reviewed April 9, 2010

Stayed in this B&B several times for work and always enjoyed a warm welcome, great sleep and delicous home cooked breakfast. Kay and her family are lovely hosts. I look forward to staying here again next time I visit Orkney.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed February 28, 2010

Our 4th stay with Kay last week and as always we had a great time - her hospitality is amazing and nothing is too much trouble. Great breakfasts, esp the homebread bread, oatcakes, jams and potato scones - and the shortbread. See you again soon!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
uk
Reviewed October 1, 2009

I loved this B&B very much, we stayed here for 3 days, wish it was longer. lovely rooms with homebaked shortbreads replenished everyday by our teasmade.
Home baked bread and oatcakes greeted us every morning with an excellent breakfast.
The most friendly and helpful of owners, making telephone reservations for us at Maes How which we didnt know we needed to do.
I think this is my favourite B&B I've stayed in, in fact I know it is : ))

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
St. Louis
Reviewed September 17, 2009

Of all the places we stayed in Orkney (we spent a week there), this one was by far the best. We thought we would be spoiling ourselves by staying at more expensive hotels later in the trip, but little did we know that even the most expensive places could not compete with this one.

The owners were nice, the room was spotless and spacious, and the breakfasts were the best. We were treated to homemade bread, homemade potato scones, and other local treats that put all the other places we stayed to shame. All of this for under 60 pounds for the two of us. This is the one place we would gladly go back to and we wished we had stayed there more nights.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple