“"A disaster of a theme park"”

M & D's Scotlands Theme Park
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My visit to m&ds was for my daughters eighth birthday party. The members of staff agreed they would look after my daughter and all her friends for two hours at the park. They all went on the runaway mine train and my daughter called it "a disaster of a ride". They were scared to try any other rides. My daughters friend Jessica said she felt like she was going to fall off. When I came to pick them up I saw the seats and would never let her go on the ride if she asked. Two of her friends really badly hurt their backs and couldn't walk very well

4  Thank Holly B
"fab"
in 12 reviews
"groupon"

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Came here on an organised day trip a mixture of young kids, young adults (I am 22) and some older adults, 30 of us in total. We had pre booked wristbands online at a discount and were told to pick them up at the information desk for the rides opening at 11am. We arrived at quarter to 11 to collect them to be told no wristbands had been set aside had to wait on them fetching management and then eventually some were printed off. We then entered the park ad nothing was open turns out the rides didn't open till 12 something we were not told.

Eventually at about quarter past 12 the rides started up and we queued up for our first ride of the day only to have our wristbands rejected by the scanner at the start of the ride. None of our wristbands had been activated so we had to trapse back down to
information desk and wait to get it sorted.

Eventually with our wristbands working we could go on the rides. It was not worth the wait at all. All the rides are rusted and worn down and look like stuff you see on travelling shows compared to what is offered by altontowers and Thorpe park for similar money it's a total rip off and embarrassment!

The staff are rude and not interested we overheard one staff member swearing at a little kid cause he couldn't scan his wristband it was terrible!

Also the food is disgusting and we all felt ill after eating there.

Seriously do not waste your money going here! It is not a theme park it is a glorified false advertised run down fair ground!

1/10 and that point is for the dinky doughnuts!

1  Thank Ssmillie21
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Visited here on a Saturday in October, family of 4 (2 kids aged 13 and 9). Got a deal through Groupon so the unlimited wristbands (which aren't really unlimited) weren't too expensive, would feel disappointed if I had paid full price. As with other reviewers, some of the height restrictions seem a bit odd and aren't very consistent. My youngest is small for her age, she was fine to get on the Runaway Mine Train but not for Space which really isn't any bigger a ride, though I noticed when I was waiting to go on this ride that the car before us stopped at the end and wouldn't start up again so the guy who was operating it had to give a wee kick to get it started again, not very inspiring! My oldest and I came off the Tornado battered and bruised, it really is a very uncomfortable ride.

I added a £10 fun card so the kids could try and win a prize, which should have had another £2.50 added to it if you spent £10, but this didn't happen when I were was told it only had £1 left on the card after spending £9. We had lunch in the family restaurant and found the food was fine and service was quick. The park wasn't too busy and we only had to queue for a couple of minutes maximum for any ride on the day. Car parking was free, so that was a bonus.

We spent about 3 and a half hours here and that was stretching it out a bit. It was ok for a day out, travelling from Edinburgh it only took about 45 minutes in the car, but it isn't somewhere I would rush back to. Scotland really should have a much bigger and better theme park than this one.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

The kids enjoy the rides, also the amusements, the bowling etc. Please don't waste your money on wimpy it's been the worse burger meals we have ever had to throw money at, none of my kids we had with us even put a dent in their food it was over priced over cooked & over valued. I wish at the time I had complained. Never again will we eat here. A total waste to an otherwise very enjoyable time.