Dakota Eurocentral
$85
$71
The Bentley Hotel(Motherwell)
$84
Premier Inn Glasgow (Motherwell) Hotel(Motherwell)(Great Value!)
$73
PremierInn.com
$63
TripAdvisor
$120
$100
All reviewsbusiness parkcookiesthe grillsteakan industrial estateexecutive roomrose petalseggs benedictcooked to perfectionfriday nightmodern hotelbirthday treatfantastic hotelpublic areasreception areahigh standardrelaxed atmosphere
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Dakota would not seem out of place in the coolest of cities but it’s location in the Eurocentral Business Park on the M8 would leave a lot to be desired if you were in Scotland for pleasure. I arrived mid-week on business and the foyer and restaurant were packed with people having meetings and lunch. The lighting is low, the atmosphere is great and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

My room was gorgeous. Exposed brick walls, a giant cushion on the bed, free cookies in a jar and an overall great use of space and attention to detail rank this hotel one of the best I have stayed in on business. I had both lunch and dinner in the hotel and both were excellent. The fish is fresh, cooked to perfection and very tasty and the side dishes are even worth a mention. Try the honey glazed carrots!

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Glasgow for business. If you are exploring the beauties of Scotland by car on holiday then this is a must stop on the journey.

Room Tip: You won't get a view in this hotel so just enjoy the interiors!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Arrived at Dakota Hotel Motherwell on M8 for lunch with a colleague and we were pleased to be placed very efficiently at a table rather than waiting around at the Bar .

Then Drinks took 10-15 to serve and server seemed quite uncertain to what the meal to order was .

Risotto was the only option for me (gluten free) but arrived with a poached egg on top ,, that didn't help as (I'm vegan) !!.meal was OK not exceptional just OK !!.

45 mins in and out ...I was quite surprised really as I expected lunch to be a couple of hours .

Servers were nice enough and efficient and were very
Pleasant .that always helps ...

I will go back as it is well placed for meetings on the M8 half way between Glasgow -Edinburgh ..
Hugh S

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2014

First time at the Dakota and I will be back.The front of house staff were friendly and well organised. Our starters were delicious but nothing could prepare me for my main.The sirloin was massive and perfectly cooked. I thought it may have been a bit rare in the centre due to the size however it was beautiful and tender throughout.Chose the bernaise sauce which complimented it so well.
No room for dessert. Best meal in ages.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stated gets for business and can honestly say it is the best "business" hotel I've stayed in - in that it is not businessy at all!

The lobby is beautifully designed. Gorgeous comfy sofas and magazines to browse through. Nice music (not lift style generic stuff).

The room had so many nice details that made it that bit more special: two blinds on the window for ultimate darkness, nice amount of lighting, comfy bed, powerful shower.

The restaurant food for both breakfast and dinner was absolutely superb. I never usually choose to eat dinner at a hotel as it tends to be overpriced and bland but this was the complete opposite.

The only downside was that this was my first visit to Glasgow and the location didn't do it justice at all. I barely got to see the city!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed here last night and we both had a brilliant night away. Our first since our toddler was born nearly two years ago! The hotel is the perfect place to go on a wintery day. It's really dark and cosy. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We stayed in an executive double (room 504), it was spacious with a massive bed and TV. The hotel seemed quite busy but it seemed pretty quiet in our room. There's not much a view but you know that before-hand. Our meal was fantastic. We kicked off our night of freedom with a couple of cocktails in the bar (very nice), I would recommend trying the lime and salt cashew nuts. We both had steak which was cooked incredibly well. The starters and desserts are quite expensive for what they are but the steak is really good value. My dessert was a bit too sweet for me (butterscotch parfait) and I was so full from dinner. Breakfast in the morning was great. I would definitely recommend the Dakota for a nice meal and overnight stay. My only small gripe would be the lack of curtains in the room (wooden vertical blinds), it's fine at this time of the year but I imagine they would let in a lot of light in the summer.

I've rated the Dakota excellent as it really is great value for money and the food was fantastic.

Room Tip: The executive rooms have super king size beds, large TVs and are on the 5th floor. None of the rooms have a bath, they all have showers.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple