“One of my favorites”

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“One of my favorites”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel
I've been here a few times now and I wouldn't go anywhere else
Rooms are really beautiful , a bit dark if anything as the blinds makes the room look a bit tired
Always clean , always nice
Comfortable bed , everything Its really good
Friendly staff as well
Can't fault it

• Stayed September 2013
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Alexandra B

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your wonderful feedback – I am thrilled you have enjoyed so many trips with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Ceri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
London
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed here for the weekend las week and had a brilliant time. Rooms were spotless and had everything we needed. Handy location and excellent staff where nothing was too much trouble. My only query was why the top rail in the wardrobe is 8 feet off the ground. So high in fact that i managed to pull it down trryng to get the coat hangers off the rail. Bit strange but a minor issue in what was otherwise a great hotel. Would recommend to anyone needing a convenient hotel between Glasgow and Edinburgh.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Londonloyal

I am thrilled to read your review and delighted you had such a wonderful experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

moray
Reviewed October 8, 2013

was very impressed with this hotel. the lighting is very low which instantly relaxes you as soon as you walk in, staff were very helpful and friendly, room was cosy with unique decor, shower was fantastic. choice of continental and cooked breakfasts, both excellent. will defiantly be returning here next time were in glasgow area.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear wilfred47

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor – I am delighted you had such a wonderful visit and had the time and opportunity to sample our delicious breakfast which definitely set you up for the day ahead.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Don't get me wrong, Dakota is my favourite restaurant. Love it. Have been well over a dozen times, mainly on pleasure, but also on business. I love the atmosphere, and the food just speaks for itself.
Service is always very good and the staff are efficient and polite.
I recently went along for my birthday, and it was up to the usual standard...

... But maybe for the first time, I thought that the menu could be doing with a bit of a makeover. The small pre-starter they leave on the table (goats cheese and tomato) has been the same for all the years I have been coming... Time for a change? The rest of the menu is fantastic, but again maybe time for something new?

Always 5* for me. Have stayed a couple of times and the rooms are also fab.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jaye-dubya
Dear jay-dubya

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback – I am delighted you have had so many wonderful visits with us.

We alter the menu every couple of weeks, sometimes subtle changes and certainly there are a few signature dishes we are well known for which are staple on the menu. We receive lots of fantastic feedback regarding the complimentary Venetian dip and fresh bread we serve, many people ask for the recipe to try at home and I am a firm believer in ‘if it’s not broke don’t fix it’.

Similarly we had thought about changing the complimentary freshly baked cookies we deliver to the bedrooms but the feedback from our guests suggested otherwise, you will see from a lot of the other reviews mentioning them. We are always eager to hear feedback and I will certainly pass your thoughts on to Chef.

Please let me know prior to your next stay and I would be delighted to assist in any way.

Ayrshire, Scotland
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed for one night - brilliant hotel. First impressions were good, very nicely decorated in the reception area. Check-in was quick & efficient. When we got to our room, it was clean, spacious and modern. Beds were very comfy; ample storage space; bathroom had everything we needed. Hair dryer, tea and coffee & iron and ironing board all supplied in room. Had a great night's sleep - didn't hear a sound! Didn't wake up in time for breakfast the next day but after we checked out (which, again, was quick and easy) we had lunch in the bar. I ordered a burger and my aunt had a steak sandwich. Took about half an hour to come but definitely worth the wait! All in all, great hotel & I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear goingbackto505

I am thrilled you had such a fantastic overnight stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back again and perhaps next time you would have the chance to sample our Grill Menu.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

we stayed here for our wedding anniversary on the lazy sunday deal,
included in the price we got £40 towards our meal in the restaurant, The food is excellent and plenty of choice. Wine is quite reasonably priced for a big hotel.
Breakfast was lovely but if you want continental make sure you get down early.
The only down side was that our deal included breakfast in bed but there was no information in the room on how to order or what the choices were.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear kate j

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with the Trip Advisor community – I am thrilled we had the opportunity to welcome you on such a special occasion.

I have passed your comments on to the Food and Beverage Team and moving forward we will communicating our fantastic Lazy Sunday offer more effectively.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance prior to your next visit and I would be delighted to assist.

Scotland
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Lovely hotel,the food was excellent & the staff in the dining room were second to none with their help & advice,they knew about every dish & catered for us all including a vegetarian & a vegan.We felt very private in the dining room having our own separate space.The atmosphere in the whole hotel is relaxed & although a bit dark at first you soon get used to it.Lovely layout with sofas & tables to have a drink in the reception area,would highly recommend & will be back soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mark163

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback – I am delighted you had such a wonderful experience and had the opportunity to dine in our restaurant. We take pride on the high standards of quality and service and I thrilled the Food and Beverage staff were able to advise on specific dietary requirements.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again soon and please let me know if there is anything I can assist with and I would be delighted to help.

Ceri
Also consider these accommodations in or near Motherwell
City Centre
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
#1 of 93 in Glasgow
Dakota Edinburgh
#1 of 4 in South Queensferry

Been to Dakota Eurocentral? Share your experiences!