“Wedding night bliss”

Dakota Eurocentral
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
“Wedding night bliss”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We arrived late in the evening after our wedding reception & were greeted with champagne, 2 porters took all our cards & presents to our very comfortable double room where we soon headed for. We had arranged to move to a suite the following day, stunning, then we had dinner in the grill that evening, very possibly the best meal I've ever had, flawless in every detail other than location, pretty much in the middle of nowhere & next to a motorway.

• Stayed September 2012
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Alan8974

I am delighted we had the opportunity to welcome you both after such a special day and that you the opportunity to experience our suite and also the fabulous offering in the restaurant.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon and please let me know if I can be of any assistance prior to your next visit.

Ceri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Bishopton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed at the Dakota for the first time on August 23rd. The hotel sits just off the motorway in an industrial/business park but we were aware of this on booking so the location did nit bother us. The staff were polite and the hotel was very clean and the decor was lovely (although the decorative cushion on our bed was so heavy i struggled to lift it haha). I especially liked the handwritten welcome note and the delicious fresh baked cookies in our room. Will definitely stay here again and next time will try the restaurant.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear catriona k

Thank you so much for your excellent feedback – I am delighted you had such an enjoyable first time visit with us. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and you will have the time to sample our restaurant menu.

Motherwell
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Fantastic hotel, atmosphere,food and staff all excellent, can't recommend this hotel enough. I look forward to my next visit. As in any business you can tick all the boxes but still have issues because the staff do not take ownership of the business aims and goals, this is certainly not the situation at Dakota Glasgow the staff cannot do enough for you and make your stay as pleasant as possible. A big thanks from me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear WWilson51

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor – it is always a pleasure for us to welcome you both to Dakota Glasgow and hope we will have the opportunity to look after you again soon.

Best wishes

UK
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed here for work recently and have mixed feelings about returning. I enjoyed the food and the service although had Wi-Fi issues, even after being advised that there would be none, nice cocktails but very expensive and took a while to check out but I have stayed in worse places. I would say that the rooms and dining area is quite dark and it does feel like its just part of an industrial park so on balance I would only return if it was convenient.

Room Tip: If you stay in floor 2 you should be able to access Wi Fi without issues, but I had a problem.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Bermuda
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This used to my favourite place in Glasgow for food and a stay over but after this afternoons debacle I may give this place a wide berth.

I went in for food about 4pm this afternoon. The restaurant was not open but I was advised that we could order food of the same quality via the bar area.

I asked first of all for a nice coffee and the waiter brought me over an ice coffee. I then ordered a burger at £13. When the burger arrived it looked like it had been through an aluminium smelter. Black as a pot of gold blend, real Chernobyl material. I sent it back and 20 minutes later another one rolled out. Bland tasteless, no seasoning and a plate of chips right out of a fast food court.

Dakota you have some pair of marbles to charge restaurant prices for pub food.my missus sole goujons were sub standard as well for 15 quid.

What happened to your good food before and service???

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChrisyD
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear ChrisyD

Firstly, please accept my unreserved apology for your recent experience.

I am saddened and disappointed to read your review and frustrated that I did not have the opportunity to meet you in person, or indeed, that you did not share your views with any of the management team at the time as we would have loved the opportunity to rectify any issues immediately.

The two dishes you mention are two of our most popular so I am deeply sorry that they were not to the normal high standard on this occasion.

We would welcome the opportunity of looking to restore your confidence in Dakota and once again making it your most favourite place to dine. I hope you will give us the opportunity.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to discuss your feedback further.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have visited the Dakota many times socially and also used it for corporate entertainment. It has always been a pleasure to go there until my most recent visit this week. What has happened ? I visited for dinner with a friend. The menu was average, the portions small, food was warmish/cold and not of a very high standard, actually pretty tasteless. The decor is tired and there is even holes in the 'leather' upholstery. to make the night even more miserable we were asked not to sit in the bar as it was closing and as soon as our drinks were delivered to reception we were asked to pay the bill. We paid about £17 for 2 glasses of wine, that too was mediocre, one was actually unpleasant. However, we left vowing never to return or recommend to anyone.

What a shame as up until now it was our place to go for guaranteed quality of service, food and drink.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kitchendiva g
Dear kitchendivag
I am more than disappointed to read your comments and sorry that your recent visit was not up to the stellar standard of service you have come to expect of Dakota.

Any of our management team would have been more than happy to discuss any concerns or issues with you on the evening you visited and it is a shame that we did not have this opportunity.
In future please do not hesitate to immediately inform any of our serving team if you are not satisfied with the taste of the wine and we will immediately replace it or offer you an alternative.

I hope we will have the opportunity to win you back as a fan of Dakota, especially after so many wonderful visits.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best wishes

Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Would not go back. Hotel very dark as where rooms, very unusual layout, quite depressing.
Meal in restaurant was sub standard, as ordered a prawn dish, but the prawns where shrimps and got lost in the very small portion. On complaining to staff, no response other than that’s what you get. Other guests thought the meals where poor too.
Staff friendly enough but management not responding to feedback, would not recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Brian_c2013735
Dear brian_c2013735

Please accept my apologies that your experience at Dakota was not what you were expecting.
A lot of time and effort is spent on the atmosphere of the hotel including the lighting and music and our aim is that it creates a wonderfully relaxing atmosphere for our guests.

We take all feedback including Trip Advisor, comment cards and verbally very seriously. I personally respond to every review and we email every guest who leaves a comment card. I have spoken to the management who looked after you on this evening to ensure they actively inform guests that we encourage any feedback and that it is greatly appreciated.

We are disappointed that you did not enjoy the food I am very sorry this was not rectified to your satisfaction on the evening.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Ceri
Also consider these accommodations in or near Motherwell
City Centre
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
#1 of 95 in Glasgow
Dakota Edinburgh
#1 of 4 in South Queensferry
Mondo Hotel
#1 of 1 in Coatbridge

Been to Dakota Eurocentral? Share your experiences!