“Great place - already booked a 3 night return.”
Review of Dakota Eurocentral

Dakota Eurocentral
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel is one of my favourites. I have stayed here more times than Trip Advisor permits me to review it, but this review follows my latest stay.

My previous two reviews say it all really. The Dakota Eurocentral is a well placed hotel with exceptionally good service and food. I don't enjoy staying upwards of 100 nights a year in hotels on business, but the Dakota has become a welcome port in the storm.

If I had to find fault, I'd say the beds are not that comfortable the gym is tiny and the rooms are not that large.

I have just today, booked another 3 night stay for later in July, which demonstrates how much I like to stay here. Give it a go!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear dodgergammon

Many thanks for another fantastic review of the hotel - it is delightful for us to have the opportunity to look after you so frequently and ensure you are at home away from home.

Please let me know if there is anything at all I can organise prior to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Dakota Eurocentral

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Everything was perfect with our stay here! The staff were excellent, the room spacious, clean and very funky decor. The breakfast was delicious and we got a great deal!

I would definitely recommend this Hotel, but if you want to be in Glasgow you will need a car, it's a few miles outside! As we were visiting family in Coatbridge it was perfect.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear dandance20

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor - I am thrilled that you had such a wonderful visit with us and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the very near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is our fourth visit,my wife ann I arrived on friday to a very warm welcome from the lovely laura.

We stayed on the fith floor,the room was lovely with nice little touched,fresh cookies,bathrobes and slippers,and a hand written welcome note.

We dined in the grill both nights, the food is fantastic and so well run its like clockwork.

We can't wait to return,this hotel in our opinion beats the hilton by a mile.

A big thanks to all the staff for making our break special.

Mr and mrs welsh

• Stayed: July 2013
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Mr and Mrs Welsh

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback – I am delighted we had the opportunity to welcome you back once again.

I look forward to welcoming you back later this month and please let me know if there is anything I can arrange for you prior to your stay.

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The receptionist, waiting staff (particularly Laura) were very professional with a helpful and friendly manner. Our room was lovely, very clean and spacious. The food was simply delicious! Great portion sizes and very reasonable prices (3 courses for £24.95). Breakfast was great, super choice and again, fab service. We will most definitely return and will recommend to others.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear debmcg18

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor – I am delighted you had such a wonderful time celebrating such a special occasion and I will ensure to pass the feedback onto Laura.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Many thanks

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed at the Dakota a few weeks ago and we were so impressed that we decided to book a night for our anniversary.
We booked a superior room with dinner and breakfast and at the point of booking the restaurant I requested a quiet table at the back and mentioned that it was our anniversary.
We arrived to a very warm welcome and check-in was hassle free as it had been before.
I did struggle to see the difference between the standard room we had before and the superior room we had this time, apart from being slightly quieter and also having two windows rather than one. However, the rooms are great and very well decorated. The only slight issue we had on both occasions was the shower seems to leak at the bottom of the door.
We went down to the bar and had a drink until our table was ready and sure enough, we were shown to a separate table at the back of the restaurant as requested.
The food in the restaurant is amazing. The steak is one of the best I have had and the service is just as impressive. At the end of the meal the waiter brought over a plate of small cakes with Happy Anniversary written across the plate in chocolate. A nice touch that topped off the evening.

I would certainly say that the restaurant is one of the best in its price range that we have visited and we eat out quite a lot. The rooms are comfortable and if you shut the blinds you could be anywhere in the world.

This is now our go to place whenever we feel like getting away for the evening.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front as far away from the lift as possible.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank matt_stroud

Dear matt_stroud

I am delighted to read your review and thrilled you had such a fantastic stay while celebrating such a special occasion. I will pass on all the feedback to the relevant team and hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Last minute night away,what a night,staff were all really helpful and friendly,check in flawless.Lovely room on 2nd floor,could not believe how quiet it was considering quite close to m8 motorway.Loved the contemporary decor and lighting in the room.Good quality beds,sheets pillows etc,great shower,fluffy towels,toiletries good size for more than one use.Air con which I love.we were on dbb rate which we found to be excellent value for money.Dinner was extremely good quality and cooked to perfection.Wine selection was of a high standard for the price,we had Fleurie and it was under £30 and tasted a lot more expensive!.We also had some cocktails in the lounge which were delicious.The hotel is so clean.It is a pleasure to stay here,and we shall be regular visitors from now on as not far from us for a treat,we usually use our local Hilton,but this is miles better on all accounts,we will return soon.

Room Tip: The cheaper rooms are really lovely and of a good size as this is a purpose built hotel,no need to s...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear maddison90

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your wonderful feedback – I am delighted you had such a fantastic last minute stay with us and had the opportunity to sample our wonderful wine list and dinner menu.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Kind regards

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We have stayed at Glasgow Dakota on several occasions and can honestly say the food , service and general atmosphere has been the best hotel experience we have had. The rooms are very chic with big comfy beds ! The staff are very professional ,helpful and friendly. The food is wonderful.The hotel is a tribute to the management and staff who go out their way to make your stay so very enjoyable .

Room Tip: All rooms are great ,there are also 2 suites which are beautiful.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear nancy w

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor – I am thrilled you have enjoyed so many wonderful visits – it is always a pleasure to see you in the hotel.

I hope we will have the opportunity to see you again soon and please let me know if I can be of any assistance prior to your next visit.

Ceri

Also consider these accommodations in or near Motherwell
City Centre
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
#1 of 93 in Glasgow
The Alona Hotel
#4 of 9 in Motherwell

Been to Dakota Eurocentral? Share your experiences!