“Very stylish! Restaurant fantastic”
Review of Dakota Eurocentral

Dakota Eurocentral
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Very stylish! Restaurant fantastic”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I accompanied my boyfriend to this hotel on a business trip as he had been there before and told me i had to come along and try the steak! It definitely lived up to the hype, fab quality meat cooked perfectly! I also indulged in a French Martini, fabulous! Made from scratch not one of those pre-made mixes.The hotel was beautifully designed and spotless with an open modern fire in the lobby. The rooms were spacious with great design features, flat screen tv with free view channels and the waterfall shower was brilliant! Excellent choices for breakfast, delicious! Service was fab too!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear rebecal

Thank you for your wonderful comments following your recent stay – I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back once again.

Ceri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Sutherland, Scotland
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Beautiful to look at the Dakota doesn't disappoint. we had a suite which was out of this world. Entered room with beautiful music playing, two large comfy sofas, two flat screen tvs lovely selection of magazines, fresh coffee, fluffy robes, waterfall shower, I could go on and on.... Food was fantastic and the staff were all extremely helpful and friendly. Would definitely recommend highly.

Room Tip: Our suite was lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear MrsMJG08

Thank your for your wonderfully descriptive review following your recent stay – I am delighted we had the opportunity to welcome you and look forward to doing it again in the not too distant future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have stayed here twice now.It is very convenient for Glasgow or Edinburgh.Nicely decorated ,modern rooms,slightly lacking in storage space.Public areas are very welcoming.Fun bar.Restaurant has a nice selection,good service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Barbara H

Thank you for your lovely comments – I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back once again and please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Glasgow
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Visited for dinner with my wife and a couple of friends on Saturday evening. Food was very good but service was pretty lacking. 3 of the starters arrived 5 minutes before the 4th. Main course was even worse, we'd half eaten our steaks and my wife her curry before the accompaniments arrived. The chips and side dishes arrived a good 10 - 15 minutes after the steaks - and we had to ask twice!

The food was good but I would prefer to have the whole dish served at the same time. For these prices I would expect the food and service to be very good. Glasgow prices but certainly not Glasgow service.

It might have helped if the Maitre'd had cracked a smile.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear HJMoore

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review – I am more than disappointed to hear that there were some issues which marred your visit with us and sorry this was not brought to our attention on the evening giving us the opportunity to turn this experience around.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again and hopefully win you over as a fan of Dakota.

Tilbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stopped over for the night on our drive to Inverness from Devon. We didn't know what to expect but we certainly didn't expect this gem!! The staff are all very efficient and friendly, the food in the restaurant is excellent, the rooms very comfortable and clean and the bathroom is like heaven after a long drive. We'll be going back - a stunning place.

Room Tip: We used the Hotel as a stop-over but it is far more than that - it is plush, comfortable, great serv...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Barry M

Thank you for taking the time to leave your wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor - I am thrilled you had such a wonderful experience and we exceeded your expectations.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again and please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Cambuslang, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Once again me & my wife had a fantastic night on Friday night. The Dakota do a great package for a Friday night it's called the Dakota both of you package. £109 for an over night stay with breakfast & £40 off your evening meal. And I must say the food is michelin award standard. And the staff are very friendly and Kayleigh your a wee star.

King Regards

J&P

Room Tip: Any room is good
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Jack M

Man thanks for taking the time to leave your wonderful comments – I am thrilled you had another fantastic visit to Dakota Glasgow.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel once again and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance prior to your next visit.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2013

No doubt the formula one inspired design is top notch, however it is also at times impractical, especially for a long space. My room had precious little drawer space, resulting in me having to keep underwear and socks in my suitcase over my 2 1/2 week stay.

For a hotel that proclaims to be business friendly, you'd expect a decent gym. This hotel has what amounts to a cupboard with cross trainer, treadmill, rowing machine, bench, free weights crammed in. If there's anyone more than you in there it'll feel very cramped.

Service is what really let's the hotel down, though. I had requested a king room and it took three calls to reception to have the room made up as a king. Restocking of the room was inconsistent and cleaning not always through either. The worst was saved for checkout. I had taken laundry down at the start of my final full day and it was returned, nor was it available on check out the next day. The staff were friendly and apologetic, but I had to make a special trip back to collect it. If I'd been flying out that morning, I'm not sure what I'd have done. To their credit they did comp the charge, but that's not the point.

Quite shockingly, my credit card was charged with the nightly room charges about halfway through my stay without my knowledge. When I checked out I discovered this, as well as charges for four beers I'd never ordered. More apologies, but I'm afraid the catalogue of errors was too much.

The location is convenient for the A8/M8, but there's nothing else around, so when you get tired of the limited but good food on offer, you'll want to be sure you have a car to venture farther afield.

All style and no substance this one and I won't be returning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank agr8one
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear agr8one

I am more than disappointed to read your comments and offer my sincere apologies that you we have fallen short with regards to the service you received during your stay with us last month – I cannot, and would not, offer any excuses as to why we have had such a breakdown in communication and how we allowed this to hinder your stay with us.

I understand my General Manager has been in touch with you already but please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you.

Ceri
Also consider these accommodations in or near Motherwell
City Centre
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
#1 of 93 in Glasgow
Dakota Edinburgh
#1 of 4 in South Queensferry

Been to Dakota Eurocentral? Share your experiences!