“What a find!!!”
Review of Dakota Eurocentral

Dakota Eurocentral
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stopped over for the night on our drive to Inverness from Devon. We didn't know what to expect but we certainly didn't expect this gem!! The staff are all very efficient and friendly, the food in the restaurant is excellent, the rooms very comfortable and clean and the bathroom is like heaven after a long drive. We'll be going back - a stunning place.

Room Tip: We used the Hotel as a stop-over but it is far more than that - it is plush, comfortable, great serv...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Barry M

Thank you for taking the time to leave your wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor - I am thrilled you had such a wonderful experience and we exceeded your expectations.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again and please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Once again me & my wife had a fantastic night on Friday night. The Dakota do a great package for a Friday night it's called the Dakota both of you package. £109 for an over night stay with breakfast & £40 off your evening meal. And I must say the food is michelin award standard. And the staff are very friendly and Kayleigh your a wee star.

King Regards

J&P

Room Tip: Any room is good
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Jack M

Man thanks for taking the time to leave your wonderful comments – I am thrilled you had another fantastic visit to Dakota Glasgow.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel once again and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance prior to your next visit.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

No doubt the formula one inspired design is top notch, however it is also at times impractical, especially for a long space. My room had precious little drawer space, resulting in me having to keep underwear and socks in my suitcase over my 2 1/2 week stay.

For a hotel that proclaims to be business friendly, you'd expect a decent gym. This hotel has what amounts to a cupboard with cross trainer, treadmill, rowing machine, bench, free weights crammed in. If there's anyone more than you in there it'll feel very cramped.

Service is what really let's the hotel down, though. I had requested a king room and it took three calls to reception to have the room made up as a king. Restocking of the room was inconsistent and cleaning not always through either. The worst was saved for checkout. I had taken laundry down at the start of my final full day and it was returned, nor was it available on check out the next day. The staff were friendly and apologetic, but I had to make a special trip back to collect it. If I'd been flying out that morning, I'm not sure what I'd have done. To their credit they did comp the charge, but that's not the point.

Quite shockingly, my credit card was charged with the nightly room charges about halfway through my stay without my knowledge. When I checked out I discovered this, as well as charges for four beers I'd never ordered. More apologies, but I'm afraid the catalogue of errors was too much.

The location is convenient for the A8/M8, but there's nothing else around, so when you get tired of the limited but good food on offer, you'll want to be sure you have a car to venture farther afield.

All style and no substance this one and I won't be returning.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank agr8one
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear agr8one

I am more than disappointed to read your comments and offer my sincere apologies that you we have fallen short with regards to the service you received during your stay with us last month – I cannot, and would not, offer any excuses as to why we have had such a breakdown in communication and how we allowed this to hinder your stay with us.

I understand my General Manager has been in touch with you already but please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you.

Best wishes

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed here for 5 weeks on business, and in my first week thought it might have been a one off to get staff so friendly, approachable and helpful. No, they stayed exactly the same for my whole stay. This really made my stay a more pleasant one. If you're lucky enough to have Grace serve you for breakfast then you are in very staff hands. EVERY member of staff were always happy, smiley and friendly.
The food in the grill is a little over priced, but it is quality and the service you get is second to none. My one little niggle was room service. I had this 3 times and asked for vinegar each time but never received it, but hey one niggle out of a 5 weeks stay for me is nothing.
So THANK YOU, to all the staff I had the pleasure of meeting during my stay. You certainly made being away from my family a little easier.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear JulicC1978

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor – I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay – particularly when away from home for such a long period.

I am disappointed that there was a small niggle with room service which slightly marred your stay – I have spoken to the Food and Beverage Team and passed this on and also individually to Grace who was thrilled that she had such a positive impact on your visit.

I hope we will have the pleasure of looking after you once again and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Dakota looks very stylish from the outside all gloss black and multi storey. you cant miss it! located in the business park alongside the m8 very easy to find with a large car park the inside continues the theme quite different to the majority you enter via large dark curtains into the reception area which is also quite dark from here lies the bar restaurant very modern/chic with exposed ducting ect evening meal excellent so was the breakfast with good service, the rooms are also ultra modern exposed brickwork black finish in part,large screen tvs with sky,very comfortable large beds ,air conditioning,fantatic showers with great quality toiletries all makes for a great stay and I might mention very clean /smells new

Room Tip: no they are all good
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Dear Philip t

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor – I am delighted that you had such a wonderful experience and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

After visiting here your expectations of any hotel are much higher because you see how it should be done! In comparison not many other exceed the Dakota. The rooms are very modern, spacious and the beds are super comfortable. The bathroom is stylish and the shower is unbelievably good. The food.. well... its is delicious. The Al a Carte menu was to die for- I had a chocolate pudding (cannot remember the name) and it was like something from the M&S adverts! The breakfast was good too. The lounge areas are so chiled out and casual but sophisticated at the same time. There is a great cocktail menu if you sit down at the bar- the service is impeccable!! these guys have got customer service to a T!! It can be expensive- but it is worth it for an extravagant treat. I cannot wait to visit again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear LinseyM

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your wonderful feedback - your comments and high rating of the hotel are especially pleasing as we pride ourselves on our high levels of hospitality and service and I will thoroughly enjoy passing your comments on to the rest of the team.

I am thrilled you had the opportunity to sample our restaurant menu and some wonderful cocktails in the bar.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a very stylish modern Hotel - public areas have dark interiors with beautiful lighting which highlights some lovely features. Big squishy feather filled cushions on huge couches, side tables with pools of lighting at just the right height not to shine in your eyes - huge amount of thought has been put into every detail of this Hotel's interior design.

Food is wonderful, service great - and bedrooms and ensuites are so stylish. If you are after bright chintzy bedrooms then look elsewhere. If you appreciate well thought out design, dark walls, crisp white bedding, desk with huge chrome lamp, and pools of mood setting halogen lighting on dimmer switch (yes, halogen!! not those awful gloomy low energy bulbs where everyone has a ghastly skin colour, which appear to be so loved by hotel chains up and down the country!) then you will love this Hotel.
I actually stayed here on my last trip for less than I would have paid for a Travel Inn - I chose to drive the extra 15 minutes into Glasgow on the motorway and enjoyed both free hassle free parking and staying in such a geat Hotel !!
As I've said in other reviews, I'm quite a fussy person and not easily pleased but this Hotel ticked so many boxes and I have no hesitation in recommending it.

Note to Hotel ......Please keep the bulbs and do not change to those dreadful low energy ones!
Someone has very carefully designed this lighting scheme - it is such a big feature of this hotel, please don't ruin it!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear LynnO

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your wonderful review on TripAdvisor – your comments are especially welcomed as you are obviously a seasoned traveler who appreciates the time and effort put in to creating the relaxing atmosphere and ambiance.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Best wishes

Ceri

Also consider these accommodations in or near Motherwell
City Centre
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
#1 of 93 in Glasgow
The Alona Hotel
#4 of 9 in Motherwell

Been to Dakota Eurocentral? Share your experiences!