“Beautiful modern Hotel”
Review of Dakota Eurocentral

Dakota Eurocentral
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on Friday 5th April 2013 as we had a family wedding to attend the next day. We had interconnecting rooms as we are 2 adults and 3 young children. What can i say? What fantastic bedrooms! The decor superbly executed and the ensuites just spot on! Very comfortable! Staff were very friendly and we have to thank the staff as we had left the childrens' jackets upon check out but returned the next day to collect. Hotel may be a little slick for some but we love it and would recommend for families of 5. Definitely will be staying there again when we visit Glasgow in the near future!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear HarveyS143

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback – I am thrilled that you and your family had such a wonderful time staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance prior to you next visit – it would be my pleasure to help.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Very stylish and very dark hotel with very nice rooms and you'd service. Hotel is in the middle of a business park which us a tad strange but is definitely worth a stay and restaurant is to a very high standard too

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear rosst82

Our location is ideally suited for the majority of our guests right between Glasgow and Edinburgh, and reception are more than happy to organise transport or day trips to either of these exciting cities.

I am delighted you had the opportunity to sample our restaurant and hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night recently on business. The hotel is very comfortable although I found the room a tad small when compared to some at a lower budget, but it wasn't a massive issue. The staff were pleasent and efficient especially in the restaurant. All in all a good experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear furniturequaman

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback – I am happy to hear that you had a good experience with us and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon when travelling for business.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We decided to stay overnight for valentines night. We had done this as part of a valentines package 2 years previously (room, champagne, chocolates & breakfast). This year the same package was not on but we did Tay on a dinner bed and breakfast package and had the most wonderful time...again.

Stunning comfortable rooms with lovely toiletries, fluffy white towels.

AMAZING FOOD yet again...I had fillet steak which was mouthwatering.

Fantastic service.

Can't wait to go back to my fave place :-)

Only negative (well not quite a negative)...the only thing missing from this hotel is soft fluffy bath robes...please Dakota, get them in!!!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Jane46a

Dear Jane46a

I am thrilled to read your review following your romantic overnight stay with us.

Our guest return time and time again to sample the steaks in the restaurant – the fillet steak being one of our best selling dishes is truly delicious.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly prior to your next visit and I will be more than happy to oversee the details of your stay (including the fluffy white robes).

Many thanks

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed at the Dakota for a week while working at the Newhouse industrial estate for which it is perfectly situated. Just one junction down the M8 or a confusing trip around the Eurocentral complex.
The majority of guests were also on business, always evident by the number of tables for one at breakfast. The decor is a little gloomy, but very comfortable and it was always nice to arrive at the foyer through the thick curtain at the front door and see the roaring gas fire after braving the cold.
The staff are all very friendly and accomodating, although I never did receive a newspaper that I requested on arrival. The room was very different with a large bean bag on the bed and wardrobes hidden behind the back wall. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. There was a distant noise of traffic on the motorway, but not enough to keep me awake. Free wifi was a definite asset as some hotels still charge for this. Tip: Log onto the free service in your room to get free service in the bar and restaurant.
Because of the location, it is quite a drive to find any other places to eat so I had dinner in the hotel each night. I tried several things on the menu and they were all superb. The 10 day aged steak was my favourite.
Breakfast was also very good witha choice of eggs benedict, florentine or royale as well as the usual cooked selection. Service was a bit slow Thursday morning for some of the guests that ordered a fried breakfast, but my porridge arrived very quickly.
If returning to the area I would be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back lessen the noise from the motorway although nobody I met had any complaints.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear damasinnas

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback – I am thrilled you had such a wonderful overnight experience.

We are delighted to offer complimentary high speed internet access to all hotel residents in rooms and public areas and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed at the Glasgow Dakota just yesterday left a bad taste in my mouth I used my mastercard debit card to preauthorise my room which is with the Clydesdale bank I'm I high earner travel to any hotels around the world ! The took £150 off my MasterCard debit then realising its a debit card made me pay again another £104 for the room with no room service I felt like a second class citizen even tho they had taken money off me twice. Staff were very rude felt awkward eating in the restaurant girl came over handed me and my wife a menu and said table will be at least an hour or you can eat in your room but I woud need to ay first spoilt my whoe night it was my anniversary I decided to venture in to Glasgow city centre for a meal not a nice experience avoid at all cost !!!!!

Zach

Room Tip: Better off in a travel lodge staff are more helpful and not judgemental
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zach R

Dear Zach R

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor – I am more than disappointed to read your review and send my apologies that you felt the experience was not on par with what you expected. I believe the situation with the pre authorisation was remedied on the day, however please feel free to contact me on my direct email address should you wish to discuss this further - guestrelations@dakotaeurocentral.co.uk

Of course Sunday was a particularly busy day for us being Easter Sunday and as we can often be very busy with non resident guests of the hotel we always advise guests to book no matter what day it is.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This black cube just off the A8/M8 is really geared to the business fraternity. After all it is situated in a modern business park and not really close to any main tourist area.
The staff were efficient and very friendly. As discussed in other reviews, it takes a little getting used to the subdued lighting. The designer must be an environmentalist except when it comes to the lifts. There are ten lamps in the 5 foot square - more than the whole corridor on my floor!
To finish on the lighting - the room. It was nicely designed and functional but their was a lack of drawers and poor storage. I was staying 4 nights for a local family gathering and wedding. The 'wardrobe' storage is small and in the wall space behind the bed with no lighting. I had to turn the car round one day because I was wearing a suit with the wrong trousers.
Breakfast is excellent with a wide choice. Unfortunately we did not have the opportunity to try Dinner as the only night I needed it was Mothering Sunday and as I was unsure of my plans I had failed to book in advance. They offered to squeeze us in but I felt that was going to be a little too literal. The restaurant menu looks good and many locals were enjoying it. The restaurant is quite small for the size of the place and tables are quite packed in. An intimate dinner is probably not possible here.
All that said my stay here was perfectly acceptable and generally peaceful.

Room Tip: As usual try to get a room farthest from the 'ding' lifts
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Trebor53

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed you did not have the opportunity to sample our wonderful menu – we advise any guest to book a table to ensure they are guaranteed the preferred time. More often the restaurant is fully booked, especially weekend nights and days such as Mothers Day.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon where you will have the chance to dine in the grill.

Ceri

Also consider these accommodations in or near Motherwell
City Centre
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
#1 of 93 in Glasgow
The Alona Hotel
#4 of 9 in Motherwell

Been to Dakota Eurocentral? Share your experiences!