“A Class Act”

Dakota Eurocentral
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
“A Class Act”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed here last weekend and from the moment we walked into the reception area we could tell we were in a classy sophisticated hotel,
The staff were friendly and more than helpful.
Our room was very tastefully decorated and furnished, the bed was very comfortable, and the room was quiet. The food in the restaurant was superb as was the service. A very good menu, try the souffle, exquisite. Breakfast also was excellent. This is a five star hotel masquerading as a three star.
We will be returning here, hopefully soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Gordy1921

I am delighted to read your review and many thanks for taking the time to share with the TripAdvisor community.

The Grand Marnier and Clementine soufflé is one of my personal favourites at the moment – excellent choice.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Dakota Glasgow in the very near future and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Ceri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have stayed in the Dakota a few times and each time are delighted with the service, food and ambience. This is one of the most comfortable and enjoyable hotels stay in. The beds are fantastic and and the food is second to none.

Dear kaybe145

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback – as a seasoned fan of Dakota I am delighted that you, once again, had such a wonderful overnight stay.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance prior to your next visit and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We have stayed at Dakota several times and felt it was about time we finally share our little jewel in the crown with people who appreciate good food, good service, nice surroundings and value for money!
From the minute we passed through the lovely velvet curtains at the entrance we were treated as if we were in a 5 star establishment. The decor is wonderful, way superior to any other 3/4 star hotels we have stayed in. Reception staff are friendly and efficient. The room was again very stylishly and tastefully decorated, but felt cosy and comfortable, the beds are the best hotel beds ever!. We appreciated the nice little touches like cookies and water in the room. The food in the restaurant is amazing, and can easily compete with any of the top class restaurants in Glasgow. Over all, the staff at Dakota are excellent and have been well trained to provide "service with a smile", nothing is too much bother. We have no hesitation in recommending Dakota, and we will visit again .

2 Thank mc1911
ceri27, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear mc1911

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor – I am delighted that you have had so many fantastic, memorable visits with us.

I will take great pleasure in passing all your comments on to the staff, the service you describe is exactly what we are aiming for, any customer service led company would be thrilled to be described in this way.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Dakota Glasgow in the very near future and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

england
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while away on business. The rooms are some of the nicest iv ever seen, great decor, lighting and complimentary water and cookies. The lounge area is dark but has a lovely gas flame fire. This hotel would be perfect for a weekend away, its very unique but after staying for a few days I found the darkness of the lobby area and restaurant to be a bit to much. I would return to this hotel for pleasure but not for business.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear phoenix_com

Thank you so much for leaving your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor – I am thrilled when someone who travels on business a lot describes our rooms the way you have.

We spend a lot of time on the décor, lighting, music, to create an inviting, relaxing atmosphere and it would be our absolute pleasure to welcome you back for a weekend break. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance in booking a relaxing overnight for you.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I booked this as a surprise for my mum and her fiancé. It was a Christmas/ engagement present.
I had read reviews for lots of hotels on trip advisor, and this seemed to be one of the most consistent and best value for money.
I emailed the guest relations manager, Ceri, in order to arrange a special overnight for them.
I booked the dinner, bed and breakfast, and was given a free upgrade to an executive room. Additionally, Ceri and the rest of the staff went over and above what was expected of them to make the overnight even more special.
Firstly, when they arrived, there were rose petals shaped in a love heart on their bed and on the dressing table etc. There were also two dressing gowns with slippers set out for them.
In my mums words, the room was beautiful, the bed was very comfortable and the rainfall shower was amazing.
At dinner my mum had fish and chips and cheesecake for dessert, while her fiancé had lamb. All of which was fantastic.
They said the atmosphere was great, and the location did not matter because inside was so peaceful and relaxed, like you are in your own little world, that you forget that you are just off the M8.
After their dinner and drinks they headed up to the room, while watching tv, a member of staff came to their door with 2 complementary glasses of champagne and petit fours.
They thoroughly enjoyed their breakfast too.
This is the first time I have wrote a review on trip advisor but I felt I had to because everything was so perfect. And the level of customer service is exceptional. Everyone at the hotel really made this night extra special.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear cb22x

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your wonderful feedback and also for the wonderful email I received at the hotel – all the staff were delighted to hear that your mum and fiancé had such a wonderful overnight stay and it was my absolute pleasure to be involved in the detailing and planning with you beforehand.

Exceeding guest expectations is something we aim to do for every guest coming through the door so we were delighted to be part of such a special occasion.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a night away and it was the dinner bed and breakfast deal! very good value and the food is excellent. I decided to go for the executive room as I like the bigger bed and tv. the exec room is excellent. I was there about a year ago and I thought it was fab, Just a bit of feedback, Some of the fixtures and fittings are coming a bit loose. the shower handle was really loose. And also the water handles. The window latch was also broken as it didn't secure the window properly. It didn't affect my stay but I feel these small issues need to be addressed to avoid putting future guests off. I know it's very minor but all counts in 5 star accomodation. will defo be back to Dakota in future but I hope the issues addressed are fixed. These issues avoided me giving excellent as the rating

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear mistacraig

Many thanks for leaving your detailed feedback on TripAdvisor – I am delighted that, overall, you had a fantastic overnight stay with us.

I am sorry that there may have been some maintenance issues that slightly marred your stay with us and I send my apologies. I wonder if it would be possible for you to email directly to guestrealations@dakotaeurocentral.co.uk with the room number and I can ensure that these have been thoroughly dealt with. I have tried to decipher you guest profile from your handle but if you could advise I would be most appreciative.

I hop we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Dakota Glasgow in the very near future and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Kind regards

Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Stay here on a regular basis when visiting family in Scotland. Not a location for getting out and about without a car but handy for motorway south, as well as toads to Glasgow and Edinburgh. Think the food is slightly over rated although always decent- just not that amazing. Rooms are clean and well maintained. Public areas small but cosy. Not everybody's cup of tea but if you like modern rooms and slightly gothic atmospheric public rooms then you will not be disappointed. Try it- it's worth the money.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Cathy H

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor – I am delighted to hear we are your chosen destination when visiting family in Scotland.

The reception team are always happy to help guests with transportation where possible and also arranging trips to Glasgow and Edinburgh as we are so lucky to be ideally located between these 2 fantastic cities.

Ceri
Also consider these accommodations in or near Motherwell
City Centre
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
#1 of 95 in Glasgow
Dakota Edinburgh
#1 of 4 in South Queensferry
Mondo Hotel
#1 of 1 in Coatbridge

Been to Dakota Eurocentral? Share your experiences!